Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The second goal last night [OG]..

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Now this, is definitely not the case. When the keeper touched it, it was very much going AWAY from the goal line.

I'm happy to wait to see on the above suggestions that it had crossed the line before that.

Hmm I need to see a replay again. the ball looked like it was going in to me. :facepalm:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There were two MASSIVE chances - the one Forster blazed over when clean through, and the scuffed shot from 6 yards by Painter after Forsters excellent turn and cross.

When Forster fired over I though the game was GUARANTEED to end in HEARTBREAK...

Abso-bleeding-lutely: especially when they went straight up our end & got a free kick - which I was convinced would end up in Mr B's top left-hand corner.. :blush:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
and during that time we nearly conceeded an own goal, but luckyily brezzer saved it

Yep, & that too. I won't mention the bit where a few of us were singing Brez's praises (not literally mind) - moments before he almost disastrously dropped the ball after leaping like a Salmon.. :facepalm:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
CB, I think he would make the defence much more solid.

Don't think Poyet will change a defence that has only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 matches. I might be wrong but it would certainly be a strange decision. Virgo is going to have to bide his time, assuming Poyet does not do an Adams and try and shoe-horn him into the team in another position.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wasn't sure who'd taken the header at the time, so looked it up on the Orange website whilst queuing for a bus. The text commentary says Virgo headed it into the top corner! :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You've been an Albion supporter for a long time and that is now a Pavlovian response. I complete relate to that.

Yup. I spent most of the second half worrying that if we didn't score a second, we wouldn't win.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
From my seat in my TV room in Taunton it was clearly Mr Virgo's goal.Sky Sport Soccer Special told me.And I believe every word Sky utters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here