Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The second goal last night [OG]..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surprised that this appears not to be mentioned anywhere today.

The second goal was CLEARLY an own goal by their keeper. 100% no doubt about it. The header hit the post and was travelling away from goal, when the keeper launched himself at it and pushed it in.

Why are the BBC, Argus and NSC all pretending Virgo scored?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not that I cared at the time, and that...

Great header, all the same.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought that at the time, hence Virgo's slightly muted celebrations.

Would have to see it again, but as I recall the header looped over the keeper, rebounded out off the post, and then went in off the keeper's back. Clear OG.

Are you trying to strip Virgo of his goalscoring bonus, HK? :lolol:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I disagree. The massive amount of spin Virgo put on the header by using his special hair gel and techniques learnt from his Grandmaster in The Orient meant that when he hit the post on purpose this released such swerve that the ball veared of at 33 degrees and just appeared to hit the goalies back before going over the line. Flair isn't the word.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought that at the time, hence Virgo's slightly muted celebrations.

Would have to see it again, but as I recall the header looped over the keeper, rebounded out off the post, and then went in off the keeper's back. Clear OG.

Are you trying to strip Virgo of his goalscoring bonus, HK? :lolol:

Not at all - in those situations I'd far rather see the attacking player creditted with the goal. Its not as though the keeper wants it! These days though, with betting on goalscorers, etc, they normally go to great lengths to be technically correct.

And there's no need to see it again. OG.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Surprised that this appears not to be mentioned anywhere today.

The second goal was CLEARLY an own goal by their keeper. 100% no doubt about it. The header hit the post and was travelling away from goal, when the keeper launched himself at it and pushed it in.

Why are the BBC, Argus and NSC all pretending Virgo scored?

Sorry but it is 100% Virgos goal....I was in block B and nigh on in line with the goal....Ball was over the line when the keeper tried to pull it back

Jimmy Grimble

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Forster's miss (at least I can't see any comments on it). It was a jen-u-wine SITTER

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It bounced off the post, way over the line, bounced back out again, hit the keeper and then hit the net.

Okay then, I'll wait to see the replay.

Seems pretty unlikely, though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair play to my old man - he called that it would be the 'round the back' free kick which El Abd nearly scored from vs Col U and it was almost a carbon copy. We tried a few differnet free kicks last night - clearly worked from the training ground and good to see...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Forster's miss (at least I can't see any comments on it). It was a jen-u-wine SITTER

There were two MASSIVE chances - the one Forster blazed over when clean through, and the scuffed shot from 6 yards by Painter after Forsters excellent turn and cross.

When Forster fired over I though the game was GUARANTEED to end in HEARTBREAK...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disagree. ball was going in, keeper tried to claw it out. failed.

Now this, is definitely not the case. When the keeper touched it, it was very much going AWAY from the goal line.

I'm happy to wait to see on the above suggestions that it had crossed the line before that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here