Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are they thinking that I can get out my phone as I prepare to enter and I'll get a fast enough data connection to display the currently acceptable barcode when I reach the barrier?
Think I may have to claim I don't have a smartphone

I’m imagine it will be a ticket which is stored in your e-wallet I.e. no data connection needed after the initial download.

Or is it an i-wallet?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So if you pay the £20 to share your ticket, the person you share it with has to be a paid up member rather than just someone with a fan number?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Don’t forget it’s also cost the average persons great deal too as my business remains hanging by a thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Capitalism is supposed to be live and let die. The club have taken a more ethical approach (as we've come to expect) and that's wonderful.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Are they thinking that I can get out my phone as I prepare to enter and I'll get a fast enough data connection to display the currently acceptable barcode when I reach the barrier?
Think I may have to claim I don't have a smartphone

For the Southampton and Sheff Utd games last autumn, you downloaded the ticket to the phone's wallet. Once there it is on the phone regardless of data connections. The reader uses the same technology as a credit card on your phone i.e. the wallet is prompted by the signal it gets from the scanner. As long as the phone is close to the scanner, it can perform the transaction with both your wifi and phone data turned off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good news from a personal perspective that it looks like my son (18 next birthday) can allow his 15-year-old sister to take over his ticket in the family stand, and sit with us in our normal three seats.

Not so positive that the club is apparently clamping down on STHs occasionally bringing guests to games when they (or one of their group) isn't able to attend. I know a number of people who informally share season tickets, and almost all STHs (I would estimate) let others benefit from their tickets from time to time.

No doubt there are very good arguments against these things but I'm pretty certain that the enforcement of the rules will mean fewer people in the ground, and less revenue on matchdays.
I think this is where the Ticket Sharing comes in. Pay a one off £20, and that ST can be shared with friends and family as long as they are Albion+ members.
Yes, but it's a ticking time bomb set to detonate after 1 season when the ticket sharing facility is withdrawn.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For the Southampton and Sheff Utd games last autumn, you downloaded the ticket to the phone's wallet. Once there it is on the phone regardless of data connections. The reader uses the same technology as a credit card on your phone i.e. the wallet is prompted by the signal it gets from the scanner. As long as the phone is close to the scanner, it can perform the transaction with both your wifi and phone data turned off.

Yet again I find myself missing the late great BG. :down:

I am certain that the moment he got within 50 yards of a turnstile he would have somehow managed to crash the entire stadium IT infrastructure.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Both of us fully recognise the privilege we have in attending the games in the 'Press Box'.

However, it is an odd, surreal experience. For me, the WSU concourse should be host to a lively, passionate cathedral of conversation and anticipation before the game, and a forum of debate afterwards. To see it bereft of life and soul is like seeing a loved one in pain. It's a wrong which needs to be righted.

Thankfully, we can see hope trundling down the line and the return of the fans to their second home will, I think, be nearly as emotional as when the Amex first opened.

And I, for one, with a pie and pint in hand, really cannot wait.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Last time I spoke to the ticket office would have been last April/May, when buying a second junior ST.

"I doubt we'll be back in August", I remember saying, in conversation.

"Oh, don't say that!," she replied. :lolol:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's £20 for the season.

ID now needed so surely this means we won`t be able to give ticket freely to friends or family at short notice as I`m sure most have done in past . If so this seriously undermines us.
Myself and two sons have tickets(all adult) but rarely can the three of us go. Maybe both sons can`t go and I take two friends or family members, maybe I can`t go and they take friend. Prob at least once a season none of us can go and we have in the past given them to work colleagues or just family friends.Probably over the season 20 people have sat in one of our seats. Seats around us are the same often with different people in them. Why can`t we just buy tickets and let whoever we like go whilst retaining responsibility for the seats ourselves.

What is others take on this problem ?? obviously not a problem if you can go every week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It does, but it's also the end of 'informally' taking someone to the game on an existing ST..............I'm sure there are several pairs/groups that take others when people are unavailable, but with seemingly 100% ID checks in operation even post-Covid this won't be doable any more unless you're taking someone that has paid for MyAlbion membership and you pay £20 to be able to have F&F transferability. Will mean more empty seats I reckon.

Be surprised if there’s ever ID checks for home games, never mind 100% (unless you get booted out during a game). I’m sure the practice of taking an mate on someone else’s ST will continue and that the club will continue to turn a blind eye as long as people don’t do stuff like having a full-priced adult attend on a child’s ticket.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All tickets to be on your phone next season.

Following successful trials in 2020, all season tickets for the 21/22 season will be issued as mobile tickets. This is for security and safety reasons. The mobile ticket will work whether you have a phone with an NFC chip or not, as the ticket will work by either scanning the chip in the phone OR by scanning a barcode that is displayed. For extra security the barcode changes every 20 seconds so photos of the ticket will not work. If you do not have a smart phone please contact Supporter Services in June. STHs are reminded that photo ID must be shown every matchday, confirming the named attendee matches the name on the season ticket (under-12s are exempt from showing photo ID).

What app are the Albion demanding that you use for this, will it be their own or will you have to download an existing one that demands that you store payment card details, or will they be using something like DICE which stores ticket but not card payment details?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m a technical luddite, but including the barcode changing every 20s ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Be surprised if there’s ever ID checks for home games, never mind 100% (unless you get booted out during a game). I’m sure the practice of taking an mate on someone else’s ST will continue and that the club will continue to turn a blind eye as long as people don’t do stuff like having a full-priced adult attend on a child’s ticket.

I think you are wrong, at least in the short term. There were id checks for both the home games this season and I think it will continue for the immediate future.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I know this won't apply for the majority of people but I hadn't noticed this clause within the season ticket terms and conditions before:

"3.8. The Club reserves the right to refuse to let you renew your Season Ticket (or cancel your auto-renewal), in the event the Season Ticket is used by the Season Ticket Holder for less than 25% of the Matches."

Not sure if this might affect some of our overseas STH's?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know this won't apply for the majority of people but I hadn't noticed this clause within the season ticket terms and conditions before:

"3.8. The Club reserves the right to refuse to let you renew your Season Ticket (or cancel your auto-renewal), in the event the Season Ticket is used by the Season Ticket Holder for less than 25% of the Matches."

That is why there are Barber Black Marks against names who don't attend. I'm sure I'll be booted out of my seat at some point for transgressing this law. Just have to survive a little longer though until Saturday/Sunday games become possible for me again, or we get to the championship and midweekers are a greater proportion of games. I absolutely love it when games are switched to a Friday or Monday and I can avoid the Black Spot of Doom on my account.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It was always there. It at least for the majority of time the Amex has been open. The club has/had a problem that some season ticket holders were buying tickets but only turning up for the biggest games, leaving their seats empty the rest of the time.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here