Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've had a season ticket since the Amex but having to give it up - can someone give me an idea of the full matchdays prices this season for games?

As you can 'transfer' your ticket to someone else, do you know someone on the waiting list? Or even better, renew but add the £20 sell on option and sell the seat for the games you don't want.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Genuinely curious but do you not usually take a phone and a debit card with you? I always have my phone with me and usually take my wallet to matches which would have a debit card and my driving license in.

Also just to confuse the technophobe in you: you don't have to take a debit card, you could use Google wallet/Apple Pay on your phone instead. :)

No. I take a phone but wouldn't have a clue how to use its wallet and apps . Always take cash for me and my son as losing my credit card would allow anyone to pick it up and use it plus the hassle that would come with cancelling it etc. If I drop cash at least I know how much I've lost!

I appreciate many people will find the new methods extremely easy to use but there will be many Albion supporters who attend ,including my 85 year old father, who wouldn't be able to cope with these changes. My parents are already treated as second class citizens as they do not have (or are interested in) the internet. In the past I could order and print out a ticket for him and give it to him and he would present it at the turnstile this doesn't appear possible under the 2021/22 proposals.

I guess I will have to explore the proposed changes and decide whether to try them out or follow the Albion from a distance.

My real bug bear is that a system that worked well for me and my family is now being scrapped and made more complex under the guise of progress , I am sure it certainly will be easier for the Club but not for a section of its supporters who are being made to jump through more and more hoops to attend a football match.

My next door neighbour is a really nice guy who I have occasionally taken to the Amex on late notice on my sons season ticket but that ends now.

In the end this sort of stuff wears me down and I can see myself just giving up on attending the Amex until we slip back to the Championship and demand wanes and the Albion are once again desperate to fill seats and they loosen their conditions .:(

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
No. I take a phone but wouldn't have a clue how to use its wallet and apps . Always take cash for me and my son as losing my credit card would allow anyone to pick it up and use it plus the hassle that would come with cancelling it etc. If I drop cash at least I know how much I've lost!

I appreciate many people will find the new methods extremely easy to use but there will be many Albion supporters who attend ,including my 85 year old father, who wouldn't be able to cope with these changes. My parents are already treated as second class citizens as they do not have (or are interested in) the internet. In the past I could order and print out a ticket for him and give it to him and he would present it at the turnstile this doesn't appear possible under the 2021/22 proposals.

I guess I will have to explore the proposed changes and decide whether to try them out or follow the Albion from a distance.

My real bug bear is that a system that worked well for me and my family is now being scrapped and made more complex under the guise of progress , I am sure it certainly will be easier for the Club but not for a section of its supporters who are being made to jump through more and more hoops to attend a football match.

My next door neighbour is a really nice guy who I have occasionally taken to the Amex on late notice on my sons season ticket but that ends now.

In the end this sort of stuff wears me down and I can see myself just giving up on attending the Amex until we slip back to the Championship and demand wanes and the Albion are once again desperate to fill seats and they loosen their conditions .:(

Before you fall any deeper into your pit of despair, see comments above and on the Albion website about being able to continue using a season ticket if you don't have (or don't know how to use) a smartphone for your ticket.

If you take cash and lose it, it is gone. If you take a card and lose it, and someone else fraudulently uses it, you get your money back from the bank.

It may not be quite as bad as you think...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I know this all seems like a big deal but hopefully someone will be able to spend 10 minutes showing you how to use a couple of apps on your phone and it will be a lot clearer for you. Once you've used them it is straight forward. It does sound like the club will still offer print at home tickets for those without the relevant technology so really none of this should be a barrier to you still being able to enjoy matches. Hopefully you'll continue to attend. :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have the club actually said anywhere what app I'll now need on my android phone, or is it just the official club app ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have the club actually said anywhere what app I'll now need on my android phone, or is it just the official club app ?

They've not explicitly said for season tickets but did link to the info they had about mobile tickets that was used if you purchase a match ticket. That just used Google Wallet which is a very standard format for tickets. Can use it with gig or museum tickets and airline boarding passes even.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Think club is putting in place what is ideal for them. By letting people change name on ticket enables them to update database as am sure there is a huge number. In my small circle I know of 2 deceased tickets used for 2 years and 2 where original holders moved abroad. As somebody said contact club and you will be able to retain ticket. Shame about neighbour. I have someone who very kindly keeps an eye on an elderly relative and I do same. Wont be doing that anymore as not willing to ask him for £25 and me register for £20

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They've not explicitly said for season tickets but did link to the info they had about mobile tickets that was used if you purchase a match ticket. That just used Google Wallet which is a very standard format for tickets. Can use it with gig or museum tickets and airline boarding passes even.
I searched for Google Wallet in the Google Play Store and it directed me to Google Pay ? Is it the same thing ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
n my small circle I know of 2 deceased tickets used for 2 years and 2 where original holders moved abroad.

Given there is a waiting list for STs I have to say I find that sort of thing bang out of order and I'm glad that the measures the club is taking will put an end to this kind of practice. Are we supposed to feel they have been hard done by, by the tightening of the regulations?

Again, I recognise that I should probably post this in the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread.

Not the only club. In recent years have used friends ST at Chelsea Arsenal, and Old Trafford. In addition have passed on tickets for Theatre Royal and Chichester,
It wont stop me but at a time when every chance will be harder to fill grounds I think this and ticketless is a mistake. Would doubt there will be a waiting list.
For those that go on about legality of passing on tickets. No establishment has any concern about tickets passed on to known contacts. Seat is responsibility of ST holder and if friend I passed it on to caused disruption would fully expect my ST to be withdrawn

Same here, I saw the Spurs Brighton game at Wembley because a Spurs ST holder lent me their ticket, oh the illegaility. Yes I take the point about the new Covid era but aren't we all going to be vaccinated this year, that's how the virus is going to be supressed, not track and trace

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I know this all seems like a big deal but hopefully someone will be able to spend 10 minutes showing you how to use a couple of apps on your phone and it will be a lot clearer for you. Once you've used them it is straight forward. It does sound like the club will still offer print at home tickets for those without the relevant technology so really none of this should be a barrier to you still being able to enjoy matches. Hopefully you'll continue to attend. :)

Thanks for your kind thoughts and also to PeterOut as well

I normally muddle through technical issues with help from my wife , who is more savvy than me.

However, there are 3 of us who use 2 season ticket cards and without going into personal circumstances on here the changes for 2021/22 will make things much more difficult for us to attend. Our personal circumstances are of course not the Club's fault.

I had thought about switching my sons season ticket to a seniors season ticket for my father but I had not renewed his Albion+ membership for 2020/21 so I don't think this will be possible.

I think the strains and stress of the pandemic has made me more unreasonable and my first impression to the changes is "I can't be bothered with all this for £1000+" - but I may calm down .

I'll never stop loving the Albion even if I don't go in person. This is probably going to be the first season in 50 years where I won't have attended at least one home game but it has been as worrying and frustrating as the other 49 :albion2:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Given there is a waiting list for STs I have to say I find that sort of thing bang out of order and I'm glad that the measures the club is taking will put an end to this kind of practice. Are we supposed to feel they have been hard done by, by the tightening of the regulations?

Again, I recognise that I should probably post this in the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread.

Completely agree with this sentiment. Once there is a waiting list (with even one name on it), the club has a duty to do what it can to ensure that all ST holders are alive(!) and making "reasonable" use of the ST (in my opinion).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think Dear Dunky was my favourite bit !

(Actually a decent free guide to the changes - nicely done. Reiterates the top ten ambition again for those who like to bandy it about in bad faith and is pretty bullish about next season)

ef107d8b4534831237f4dc1d32a42eaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume so, I use an iPhone so am unsure of the names.
Thanks. I have just seen confirmation that Google Wallet changed its name to Google Pay.

I hope the club uses up to date terminology when they talk people through this or confusion will reign.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I agree this is out of order. However for deceased tickets used I have understanding. In both cases elderly remaining holder is elderly and would not have continued going unless accompanied

The take-over ST is obviously a big positive whatever elsewhere is being cracked down upon. But still a little confused about the eligibility and how much you have to pay.

If the recipient is a Albion member or an existing ST holder sitting somewhere else (I guess this is how the "move" thing is still in operation), there is no cost

If they are not these things, then it is £20.

I hope that's right, you don't have to pay £20 and also £25 for a membership for one takeover?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here