The Scale of the Universe

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tis true. The handbag-skinned deviants can move their organs around in their bodies to enable them to float at different angles. So if they just want eyes anywhere the surface of the river of death, down to their tails they fling a bit of liver or a lung or a really really dirty thought perhaps about that orangutan slowly shaving its back-arms that would weigh anyone down so that their top-end is more hollow. The devious devil's unnatural work as a sponsor of death.
Wise words.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Tis true. The handbag-skinned deviants can move their organs around in their bodies to enable them to float at different angles. So if they just want eyes anywhere the surface of the river of death, down to their tails they fling a bit of liver or a lung or a really really dirty thought perhaps about that orangutan slowly shaving its back-arms that would weigh anyone down so that their top-end is more hollow. The devious devil's unnatural work as a sponsor of death.

Hard to argue with any of that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yep. People are amazing. And, for the most part, it's worthwhile trying to find out more about what makes them tick. It might be art, it might be music, it might be religion, it might be food and drink, football ...

The extent to which some folk dismiss religion as simply "ignorance of the facts" is astonishing. There is a lot more to religion than belief in a theory of creation. In my experience, many "religious" people don't give the matter any thought at all.

If you define religion as an indicator of a belief in some form of spiritualism then that is totally different than believing in a smiley, bearded man who lives in heaven just above the clouds. That is why I mentioned gods and not the word religion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No intelligent person would outright deny the existence of some kind of God if they gave it enough thought - it certainly seems as if the universe is fine tuned for our existence & prosperity :whistle:
:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
and then you stop considering them 'sound'?

odd

Yes I do and not odd at all in my mind. I can sit with most people over a drink or whatever and talk on most subjects but not as to wether we were created by some sort of higher deity ......... Sorry. They can still be alright though. I just have to always remember that deep down they are a bit mental.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yes I do and not odd at all in my mind. I can sit with most people over a drink or whatever and talk on most subjects but not as to wether we were created by some sort of higher deity ......... Sorry. They can still be alright though. I just have to always remember that deep down they are a bit mental.

To be fair, from your posts, I've been thinking you're a bit mental for some time.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't like thinking about if there is a god or how the universe is created because it makes me wonder how the **** we exist and whether we actually do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My theist beliefs come from learning from science, philosophy, quantum physics and other knowledge that we have to understand the universe, reality, life and ourselves - as well as good old fashioned experience & intuition.

The gnostic atheists are wrong, I am sure of that much - I accept I could be wrong about my personal theist beliefs, so I remain open minded - unlike many atheists.

But that is your own personal opinion,they could after all be right but just unable at this time to prove it.I would suggest most atheists if you insist on labeling them are agnostic so ergo are indeed open minded.

You are eager enough to say gnostic Atheists are wrong but are you willing to say which of the following religious groups are wrong?

Muslims
Christians
Hindus
Buddhists
Mormons(only included because they are hatstand ridiculous)
Other

clearly they cannot all be correct.

You may possibly be a non-conformist monotheist or just spiritual(which you will no doubt confirm if this is the case) if this is your personal cup of tea i apologize for trying to label you as aligned to one religion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's to question?
Who is she?

What with her joining the ranks of Dr Alice Roberts and Rachel Riley, I'd have thought someone would be interested.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
HCz.jpg

Dr Helen Czerski

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You are eager enough to say gnostic Atheists are wrong but are you willing to say which of the following religious groups are wrong?

Muslims
Christians
Hindus
Buddhists
Mormons(only included because they are hatstand ridiculous)
Other

clearly they cannot all be correct.

There are many ways fans get to the Amex this afternoon. Why does only one have to be correct?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports