The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I would LOVE us to sign Jelle Vossen, said this for weeks. It seems Middlesborough have dropped their interest after signing other strikers and Vossen wants out of Genk. I'm sure that if we stumped up a good offer (haha!) he would sign for us. I believe that Sami is a fan of his and watched him while he was manager of Bayer Leverkusen

What price would Genk want for him?

If only our scouting network could unearth the next Berbatov.

Abut £4.5 million would probably do it.
Huge gamble and wages might be an issue, but what a statement of intent! Would put bums on seats and send shirt sales through the roof.

If we get Vossen I'll be delighted.

Exactly the signing we need to replace Leo.

Where did the Vossen rumour come from? Is there any foundation to it?

This was in the papers up north

MIDDLESBROUGH will withdraw their interest in Jelle Vossen unless Belgian club Genk halve their current asking price for the striker.
Having failed in a £4m pursuit of Vossen last summer, Boro officials have rekindled their interest in the 25-year-old in the last few days and held a number of discussions with their counterparts at Genk.
With another year of Vossen’s contract having expired since they last made an offer, the Teessiders had been hoping to land the forward for around £3m this summer.

However, Genk are understood to have dismissed such a valuation out of hand, and claimed they would be looking for between £7-8m !!!!!! before they would even consider agreeing a deal.

End of interest then eh

Just wishful thinking I believe.

I believe he is wearing foundation in that pic, yes.

The page was lasted edited "This page was last modified on 16 August 2014 at 08:41." probably by a Middlesbrough fan one would assume and the second sentence hasn't even been proof read! GARBAGE

Cool. We can afford that from the 8-10 million fee for Leo !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelle_Vossen#Club_career

I've amended it now to be more suitable...lets see how long it lasts!

Superb !!!

Vossen would be a great signing, and we probably could afford him

Hmm, would this be opinion or something more?

it's an opinion I'm afraid

So what fee are his team definitively requiring and what are his wage demands?

calm down

Shame. I agree with you. Good player.

That lad knows how to spark a thread into life :wink:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Agard talking to Bristol City, could it be back on?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
You sure? 26 goals in a season from winger/wingback? Screw Baldock let's get this fella!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Warren Aspinal said he had been watching him already when talking on the radio phone in on Saturday. He was saying he thought he was doing a go slow like Will Buckley did to us and that he clearly wanted out bit the club weren't listening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports