Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A bit like Pele, Peter Ward, Michael Owen, Messi, Maradonna, Jimmy Greaves, most great goal scorers you mean !

I hope what he's suggesting is we have smaller forward players in CMS and Colunga, so I'd say we have no vacancies for that type of player.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A bit like Pele, Peter Ward, Michael Owen, Messi, Maradonna, Jimmy Greaves, and most great goal scorers you mean !

No. A bit like Texiera, Colunga, and LuaLua. Baldock is shorter than all three. If wiki is correct. Unsure about Baldock's height, but I don't think he has got the presence for headers upfront like Ulloa.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What do you base that conclusion on!?

because his name has been bandied about for the last 4-5 weeks and he's not here yet.......he either want's to stay where he is or is asking for too much money , which makes me right or...... his manager wants to keep him or BC are wanting too much which would make me wrong..........if he was keen to play for us he would be here by now i would have thought...???

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Baldock is obviously not keen to play for us......we don't need him if he isn't 100% committed to coming here...end of.

I get the opposite impression as it was his agent that leaked the news of our bid and it seems like he's not entirely focused on his performances for Bristol City at the moment. It's just up to the clubs to agree a fee.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I get the opposite impression as it was his agent that leaked the news of our bid and it seems like he's not entirely focused on his performances for Bristol City at the moment. It's just up to the clubs to agree a fee.

i think we should be looking elsewhere ....we need a decent ariel threat now and we have a dangerous looking team/squad imho

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
because his name has been bandied about for the last 4-5 weeks and he's not here yet.......he either want's to stay where he is or is asking for too much money , which makes me right or...... his manager wants to keep him or BC are wanting too much which would make me wrong..........if he was keen to play for us he would be here by now i would have thought...???
It wouldn't be great buisness sense from either Bristol City or Brighton to agree early. Both sides are trying to get the best price, as with many transfer dealings.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It wouldn't be great buisness sense from either Bristol City or Brighton to agree early. Both sides are trying to get the best price, as with many transfer dealings.

yeah ...fair point but i still don't think he is headed this way......just my opinion , i think we are looking for another prem loanee.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Delighted. Although takes away the excitement on transfer deadline day. Natalie Sawyer and her yellow dress will have to do.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Sources are good, just a shame two of the pieces of information i had turned around and did not happen. I will hold my hands up for the Clement comments, i was lead to believe he was the one but something happened behind the scenes that i haven't been included in. Ward had arrived, had the first part of his medical and was due to sign, then Burnley called and the rest is history unfortunately. Today's news is of a new arrival but as to exact names i can't confirm just yet as i'm not 100% in the loop, i just know there is movement...

Well called :clap:

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
But he doesn't know the name of the player or what position he plays.
Not a lot to put trust in, is there?

So bitter TSB

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
No. He asked if anyone had heard anything. Not dismissing it...but do think it's a steaming pile of horse manure.
And kikaikai has form for that.

And lets pick up on the fact that you were completely wrong about Baldock not coming

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here