Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The revolting abuse of power, when will it end?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2719

I do not think it should be discussed on an internet forum. The subject yes, the accusations.....no. Thats all i will comment on this thread because it will get too toxic for me & i just cant be arsed TBH. Feed the public with toxic opinions and you will receive toxic replies x 10 i am afraid. :kiss:

Thanks for your support of online bullying I knew I could count on you.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think Tim Davie’s proposal to ‘cancel’ comedians that criticise the government is an abuse of power personally. Comes across as very North Korea-esque if you ask me :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes I know other abuses of Power.

Donald Trump is threatening to remove all Federal Funding of anything linked to Racial Awareness Education. He claims that such Education is "Un American"

Are you OK Buddy ?

The threads you are starting at the moment are a wee bit worrying.

I am fine thanks for asking, how are you?

I just think there is a line to be drawn whether you have power or not.

I don't agree with Trump but at least he was voted in.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I think Tim Davie’s proposal to ‘cancel’ comedians that criticise the government is an abuse of power personally. Comes across as very North Korea-esque if you ask me :shrug:

Don't think this actually happened though, he said nothing of the sort and seems to have been invented by the right wing press.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Don't think this actually happened though, he said nothing of the sort and seems to have been invented by the right wing press.

I know it hasn’t happened. I am merely talking about the supposed proposals put forward. Whether it’s genuinely true or merely paper fabrication, I don’t know. It does carry a sense of hilarious irony that the right wing press, who scream about freedom of speech and cancel culture when it suits them, then jump for joy over the prospect of ‘cancelling’ comedians who critique the government.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This sort of thing ?

Council of Europe issues media freedom alert over UK government blacklisting of investigative journalists

The UK government has been formally warned for threatening press freedom after it blacklisted a group of investigative journalists and denied them access to information.The Council of Europe issued the Level 2 "media freedom alert" after Ministry of Defence press officers refused to deal with Declassified UK, a website focusing on foreign and defence policy stories.

The UK joins Russia, which had an alert issued this week after an blogger critical of the government was hospitalised by two unknown assailants, and Turkey, where a former TV presenter was arrested and charged with membership of a terrorist organisation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/press-freedom-uk-government-council-europe-alert-boris-johnson-priti-patel-a9706741.html

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am fine thanks for asking, how are you?

I just think there is a line to be drawn whether you have power or not.

I don't agree with Trump but at least he was voted in.

I am OK mate. I wasn't voicing concern based on you OP here alone. More that it comes on the back of some other stuff but if you're ok then that's fine.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
MB genuinely feels he’s being bullied online by certain posters and probably doesn’t need anymore snide comments, I recon you’ve worked it out now though.

You must be mistaken.

It's a thread about Lineker (another one :facepalm: )

If it wasn't then he would have started a thread about another NSC user and we all know that's not on.

D

Deleted member 2719

You must be mistaken.

It's a thread about Lineker (another one :facepalm: )

If it wasn't then he would have started a thread about another NSC user and we all know that's not on.

Can you not see how Lineker has abused his power?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can you not see how Lineker has abused his power?

No because he doesn't have any.

When I think about abuse of power among the unelected my first and last stop is Dominic "ohh my eyes are a bit dodgy" Cummings. He's a scumbag and a bully in my opinion but some seem to like him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks for your support of online bullying I knew I could count on you.

You are not being bullied, you are just unpopular. In fact people have expressed genuine concern for your wellbeing. My advice would be to give NSC a rest for a while or at least cease posting bizarre, attention seeking threads.

In my experience the treatment one receives on here is generally in accordance with one’s output.

You are not being bullied. You are being held to account.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The abuse of power is kicking off all over the shop.

Should people really be able to bend the rules, bully peoples opinions, just because of perceived power?

Maybe people should stop listening to the noise and actually use their gut instinct whether these people deserve any power at all.

Lineker is a disgrace IMO

What do you think?

Have you seen any other abuse of so-called power of late???

https://youtu.be/nGAyMM2bBOU

We used to have this guy at our work who always found it fun to drop a verbal bomb in the crew room (a comment targeted at a certain someone), then walk out leaving the rest of the chaps arguing or debating to what had been said by the latter bell end.
I'm not saying you're a bell end, but surely after all that has been said and done, enough is enough.
Live and let live and enjoy this forum for what it is :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats the abuse of power we are suppose to be revolted by?

the trouble with making a statement then posting a youtube is no one has any idea what you are on about. try expressing the view, the point of objection and might have more engagement.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Can we just get this crap into the bear pit or deleted altogether. It does nothing for the board and quite frankly the op could do with a bit of a holiday from NSC too.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
After your potentially criminal stalking plan the other day, I think you should have a lie down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here