The REMF 6 - Thanks and Results

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think we can say they can make a donation if they want but the £ 5 was meant to include a programme Lush.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Uncle Spielberg said:
Report sent to Argus today.

“ The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund held the 6th annual football match for the Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy last Friday at Lewes FC.

Brighton & Hove Albion supporters played Crystal Palace supporters. The fund and annual match came about after the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York when Robert Eaton an avid Brighton fan who posted on the fans forum North Stand Chat was one of the 67 British victims. The supporters of both clubs came together to stage a charity football match in Robert’s honour.

Since the fund was set up it has raised over £ 47000 to help children between the ages of 5 and 16 to play football in the name of Robert Eaton and has supported 230 Hispanic children from a the Queens area of New York and has in the last 3 years given kit to 6 Brighton youth football clubs and provided 4 sets of kit to a youth club in Croydon in recognition of the tremendous support given by Crystal Palace fans.

Recently the fund has given a 3 year package of support to Coaching for Hope to pay for a trainer to teach Aids orphans in Mail, Africa to play football. It also gave a new kit to a youth club in South Africa whose kit donated by Peacehaven Meridian was lost at sea.

Gareth Glover the chairman of The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund said “ The night was a huge success. Not only did 300 people come along but the fund more than trebled the takings from last years game and raised a profit of over £ 2000 for the fund. We would like to thank everyone for supporting this match and in particular Lewes FC our excellent hosts “.

Ricky Marlowe and Paul Roger’s ex Brighton pro’s played in Robert’s honour for the Brighton fans and Ian Chapman presented the man of the match trophy to Brighton goalie, Peter Griffin. Dick Knight , Brighton chairman attended the game and Douglas and Laura Eaton, Robert’s parents who live in Ditchling presented the trophies.

Brighton fans won 9-8 on penalties after the game ended 1-1 and now lead 4-2 over the 6 games.

The REMF plan to stage the 7th game at the end of April 2008.

We still can't get the spelling of Dodge's name right! :D:D

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Uncle Spielberg said:
I would imagine Lewes FC were quite pleased with the bar takings

However, I bought a beer with a fiver and got £7.50 change.

I'll stick the extra fiver in with the sponsorship money. :thumbsup:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Heres a photo that shows the sheer DELIGHT of Niel Kane after winning the REMF trophy!
dsc00163.jpg

(edited to make smaller, as requested. roz)

Last edited by a moderator:

1066gull

Gareth, can you message me your address for the expenses I have paid and for the DVDs later that can be dispatched to you.

Got 50 copies. 22 for team players and the others is first come, first served.

(Was more efficient getting 50 than 30 as they only did 25, 50 or 100)

1066gull

Gareth said a tenner. I ain't making no profit out of it, just going to get paid for the expenses.

If you are not happy by the price, I am sure US will be up for negotiating/review etc.

50 copies at £10 each would make £500. Halving it £250 is still made but its up to US.

I will try my best to get it sorted within a fortnight.

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
fatboy said:
However, I bought a beer with a fiver and got £7.50 change.

I'll stick the extra fiver in with the sponsorship money. :thumbsup:

no worries

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports