Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Remarkable Rise Of Brighton: From Near Oblivion To Europe

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
OMG, just wiping away tears now, made me think how much my Dad would have loved tomorrow night, football was "our thing" it was really the only shared thing we did, and my happiest memories with him were in his last 5 years, firstly watching the Amex being built, and then going go watch matches together there. Football was the thing that rebuilt our relationship after years of almost indifference. He died the year before promotion and with each new achievment this club makes, it brings him back in someway-as I think how we would have just basked in the reflective glory, watching this amazing team, and sharing the moments such as tomorrow night.
Yes, my dad would have loved tomorrow night, whatever the outcome.
All these new experiences are great, but tinged with the sadness of those that can’t be there to share them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s funny, been there through it all, but I just sit there watching with a grin from ear to ear.

The progress has been amazing from despair to sheer euphoria.

Just something that should be celebrated time and time again, and should give hope to other teams that have fallen on hard times.

Great video - just love it - what a club.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Wow, just fuking WOW!

I have some dust in my eyes too ...

And how many of those clips can you say: "Yep, I was there, remember it like it was yesterday ..."

I just want to sustain this now - I'd hate for us to do a e.g. Leicester and win the league only to be relegated a few years later. But the way our club is run, it has "sustainability" running through its veins ...

Love it !!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What a journey...

My first game was Wigan at home in 1997, so that video basically encapsulates my football journey as an Albion fan. Dad and myself were at so many of those moments. Absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow night!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a journey and to have lived it all and been there for it all makes me feel so proud of every one of us. Also sad for those that are no longer with us.

I really do not give two sh!ts about the trophies and bollox that the plastics throw at us about being a small club.

We are Brighton and our history is ours, triumph through adversity, never give in to let the club die.

As De-Zerbi said "you can buy our players but you cannot but our soul"

Tomorrow when people around the world are watching the game, I want to them to hear "We are brighton, Super Brighton from the south" over and over again load and proud, so they will know who we are.
You've just set me off again. :love::dezerbi:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A quick scan down the National League, and there are a number of teams that were in the league proper in my youth:
Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Rochdale, Oxford, Aldershot, Oldham, York, Southend. There are more recent ones as well.

We could have been like them, in the National League, or in the National League North, like 18th placed Hereford. Or we might have gone out of existence completely.

Today we are a rapidly improving, powerful Premier League club, with a modern stadium, state-of-the-art training facilities and a squad which is the envy of previous Champion's League winners.

There is no doubt that we are playing the best football of my lifetime.

But it is quite possible, probable even, that the best is yet to come......

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What a journey...

My first game was Wigan at home in 1997, so that video basically encapsulates my football journey as an Albion fan. Dad and myself were at so many of those moments. Absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow night!
that was my first game too! Steve cotteril 1-0?????????

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is not fair showing that whilst I am trying to watch impossible.
IMG_0148.jpeg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Remember when we played La Harve in a pre season friendly thinking that would be as close to a European adventure as we would get now in the Europa league against some of the biggest names in European football. It’s an astonishing rags to riches story and the best part is I don’t think it has peaked yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here