Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Ref

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having watched the whole game again, I don't think the ref was too bad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Having watched the whole game again, I don't think the ref was too bad.
I didn’t think he was too bad on the night, didn’t give Manure any preference maybe a second yellow for Casimero although we may not of won if they had gone backs to the wall. It was like a fiercely contested derby game and the ref didn’t get carried away, way more enjoyable than the recent Palace games.
If Attwell had been in charge god knows how it would of ended up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst the ref may have been better than it felt, yet again we have to rely on VAR for penalties.
All Refs seem to wave away our penalty appeals in every game.

Webb has set a high bar for VAR intervention, meaning that the onfield decision is more likely to be kept.

After Nunez and Eze's awards in the past week, I find it infuriating every time I see the ref waving away our appeals.
Mitoma clearly is seen as too good for the division and ref's make a decision, that it's ok for defenders to push and pull him to the floor.
Seemingly happens every game, and yet Eze falling over because a hand touched his shirt and the ref immediately blows up.

Probably just blue-tinted specs, and we're fifth in the league for penalties awarded, but it still irritates the hell out of me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whilst the ref may have been better than it felt, yet again we have to rely on VAR for penalties.
All Refs seem to wave away our penalty appeals in every game.

I think you're right about refs waving away our appeals, although I don't think Thursday's game is a great example, because the Shaw handball wasn't as obvious from some angles (not sure how much of it Andre could see).

At the stadium it feels like we're being cheated because our players don't usually go down very easily and we've been cheated so much recently that is just feels like we're being cheated again. But it was only some cards for United that were missing from a decent ref performance. And Dunk did very little to get his yellow.

Ten Hag's comments about us supposedly kicking them are a bloody joke. I feel that Antony probably should have been sent off for an aggressive kick that was no attempt to play the ball.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nah I’ll stick to my original point (was there one?)…..but it kinda occupied about .0000001% of my thoughts post match and I wouldn’t have bothered starting a thread about it …but that could have been said about a few others….celebrate the win

Lively though wasn’t it
Fair enough.

All the best :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here