Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref tonight vs Blackburn

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
absolutely shocking - how did Murphy stay on the pitch? Is it our style of play that makes these refs get booed off the pitch week in week out or are they just that shit?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
He lost control of the game after failing to referee the game properly in the first half. If he actually took control in the 1st half, there is no way the game would have boiled over like that.
Probably worked to our advantage though.....

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The amount of poor referees this season at the Amex is unbelievable. It's become that regular I expect us to have an awful ref every game.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I thought ref was very fair although difficult to judge some of the decisions from bottom of North Stand

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should they have had a hand ball penalty, just before we got ours?

It certainly looked like, from a distance, the kind of thing that gets given.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a positive note the lino was amazing, should have got our mom for that penalty!
Who says the East Stand doesn't make any noise.

There was a near hand ball as it rolled up his chest, which got us all shouting.
So when it did catch matey's arm, lino was in no doubt.

Feb 12, 2013
I've been really disappointed by the referring performances for the last three games. I don't think it's bias, I honestly think the ref's just weren't performing to the best of their ability. Everyone has their off days, it's just a shame that these three different ref's have chosen our games. However, the lino was top class

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If LuaLuas was a legit booking, then Murphy should have gone about five minutes earlier for a second yellow.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The first on Bridcutt was very late and very reckless, a stonewall yellow but probably a harsh red. Minutes later countered and he cynically wiped out the legs of Kaz (I think it was him!?), knowing exactly what he was doing. I looked that split second at the ref who was running over, reaching to his pocket for his notebook and cards. He then saw it was Murphy who he'd booked a minute beforehand and bottled it. Literally a carbon copy of the foul he booked Upson for in the first half. Absolute cretin that bloke, it was almost laughable how long Blackburn were taking over set pieces in the first half and he just let them get away with it. Joke.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He wasn't great but I've seen a lot worse at the Amex this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here