Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The rave scene...

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Love raves, been everywhere from concord, sanctuary, shepton mallet the lot.
my fav night was htid on hastings pier.
i wanna go again to say goodbye to it as im getting to old for it now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's party time

kp.jpg

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The scene is very much alive if you look in the right places with the right music dnb is at a level it has not seen for years where there is a really good mix of the new blending with a lovely mix of old

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
1) Police & the negative media
2) Dubstep (and DnB to a certain degree - The real dark, heavy shit that came around 2000)
3) Coke heads
4) BZP and all the other shit in fake E's
5) American Music/Culture

Also the fact that everything in life moves on... It's not like the Punk Scene is exactly thriving like it was in the 70's etc

Like the previous poster said there are still some good raves to be found and usualy always 1 or 2 around my way every summer in the woods. Usualy fairly low key but decent!

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Since when did people stop raving?

The Techno festivals all around Europe don't suggest the rave scene has died.

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.

I get what you are saying but in my mind there is a big difference between modern events where commercial dj's like Tiesto, David Guetta etc play week in week out compared to the original rave scene. It doesn't even compare... Old or not...
The clientele and the whole concept are worlds apart.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I get what you are saying but in my mind there is a big difference between modern events where commercial dj's like Tiesto, David Guetta etc play week in week out compared to the original rave scene. It doesn't even compare... Old or not...
The clientele and the whole concept are worlds apart.

They're not the sort of DJ's you'd relate to when using the word 'rave'.

Have you heard of Ritchie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Dubfire?

There's a lot of top quality producers and DJ's out there right now. If anything, we're in the golden age of electronic music right now.

It definitely hasn't died.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

There's a lot of top quality producers and DJ's out there right now. If anything, we're in the golden age of electronic music right now.

Ok, I wasn't sure if you were one of the guys who class the film 'Kevin and Perry' "rave music" like someone else did on this thread, otherwise wouldn't have used them as a comparison:)

I just checked out some youtube vids of the guys you mentioned and see no glowsticks, whistles, crazy Mc's or people gurning their tits off :moo:
Seemed more like techno/house kinda stuff (similar to old laurent garnier stuff) Never played at any of the raves I went to... I don't think anything less than around 140 bpm was ever played unless in one of the chillout rooms or something.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ok, I wasn't sure if you were one of the guys who class the film 'Kevin and Perry' "rave music" like someone else did on this thread, otherwise wouldn't have used them as a comparison:)

I just checked out some youtube vids of the guys you mentioned and see no glowsticks, whistles, crazy Mc's or people gurning their tits off :moo:
Seemed more like techno/house kinda stuff (similar to old laurent garnier stuff) Never played at any of the raves I went to... I don't think anything less than around 140 bpm was ever played unless in one of the chillout rooms or something.

The music has changed. There's a lot more variety in a set now. The rave scene, I agree, isn't any more about glow-sticks and ecstasy tablets. It's now becoming more about the music.

There's a much more of a 'hippy vibe' at a rave these days. Woodstock/Isle of Wight era sort of stuff (on an electronic canvass)

If anything, the rave scene has bettered. punk:

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
People decided it was a ****ing hassle to go to some field in the middle of nowhere or a grubby warehouse when they could just go clubbing instead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. The party scene here never seems to die. Every summer there are new open-air places springing up to go with the already established indoor events.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. Last Sunday I saw Tom Dicicco and Bicep knock out a Sunday techno session. Weekend before I saw Sebastian Voigt at an low key open-air party. It's very much alive both in the underground and at the very commercial end.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We all got too old and became parents

Very very much this although some of us from the early 90s are still going strong!

I bumped into a guy who I used to go to raves with a few months ago...great guy and a real laugh however, now? He's absolutely toasted! Glad I left it all behind to the next generation!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No officer, I don't take drugs, they're illegal afterall.

As I understand it, intoxication of many substances will enhance the enjoyment of sensual perceptions, particularly auditory. I am sure you have had a few drinks and your favourite song has come on, and it feels even better than normal - many other psychoactive substances have a similar effect. I have seen those on illegal drugs such as ecstasy experience extreme joy and euphoria because of music while on drugs, but I suppose that's part of the appeal of raving.

I'm an old school punk and love the music but don't drink so don't know these induced experiences you speak of, but was wondering if some of the crap you post on here was as a result whilst using said substances.:wink:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here