Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Race to Snap-up Satellite Clubs

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I didn't see it posted here, so sorry if I overlooked it.

A Guardian article about the interest that at least three PL clubs have in purchasing KV Oostende, recently relegated to Belgium's second tier. Another example of how Mr. Bloom is ahead of the curve in setting up multi-club networks: USG and Mitoma are mentioned in the article. Next season's USG matches with newly promoted RWD Molenbeek should have a little extra bite, as that club has Palace connections! Link below.

satellite-town-why-premier-league-owners-are-keen-on-kv-oostende

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't see it posted here, so sorry if I overlooked it.

A Guardian article about the interest that at least three PL clubs have in purchasing KV Oostende, recently relegated to Belgium's second tier. Another example of how Mr. Bloom is ahead of the curve in setting up multi-club networks: USG and Mitoma are mentioned in the article. Next season's USG matches with newly promoted RWD Molenbeek should have a little extra bite, as that club has Palace connections! Link below.

satellite-town-why-premier-league-owners-are-keen-on-kv-oostende
Mr Bloom isn't ahead of the curve, he was following in at least, RB, Man City and Leicester's shadow.

The only difference being, unsurprisingly, Mr Bloom is the only EPL owner to make the system work for his EPL club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mr Bloom isn't ahead of the curve, he was following in at least, RB, Man City and Leicester's shadow.

The only difference being, unsurprisingly, Mr Bloom is the only EPL owner to make the system work for his EPL club.
Man City have made it work, used it to make profit

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Didn't they try that, albeit with little success using Girona ?... or was that Chelsea or someone else

Yes. City Group have Girona in their group, and also 11 other clubs. Total list is:

Man City
New York City
Melbourne City
Montevideo City
Troyes
Palermo
Girona
Mumbai City
Lommel
Sichuan Jiuniu
Yokohama F Marinos
Esporte Clube Bahia

So it’s a really big network of clubs for their sports washing.

Strasbourg are up for sale and Boehly has enquired as he wants a feeder club for Chelsea.

Reactions: GOM

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Okay, let's just say that our Tony got in earlyish; at least before the possible panic-buying amongst similar sized clubs that we might start seeing. And as you say, it is working quite well, for now, with USG.

I wasn't trying to compare what Bloom is doing to the networks of hegemonic clubs like Man City. Also, I am not suggesting that this trend is wonderful. I actually find it depressing that all over the world, clubs with rich histories have to consider selling out to the sporting-arm of rapacious mega-corporations in order to survive. Alas, this is where we are with late stage capitalism, which is starting to look like neo-feudalism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here