The Premier League Draft.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There are some players that you are surprised haven't been picked, and then there are some players who baffle me that they haven't been picked.

He holds the world record for the longest clean sheet in league football, standing at 1,311 minutes set in 2009. He retired at the young age of 40 and is often considered not only one of the best keepers to grace English football, but the world stage too.

I give you Edwin van der Sar

Damn you! That's twice you have chosen my next pick!!!

In that case I will have to revert to the next on the list...

Time to add some supply to my two strikers with the addition of Robert Pires

[MENTION=3744]Horshamgull[/MENTION] your up, or was it [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION]?

Ffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkkk yyyyoooooooouuuuuuu!

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
yeh just went back and read that, second choice it is then Wayne Bridge

article-2169759-13F453EA000005DC-780_468x312.jpg

Your up [MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION]

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Right, my next pick is going to be a proper goalscorer that is strong, quick and, frankly, a dirty *******.

He's only been in the PL for this season but that means that, in his Premier League career, he averages almost a goal a game and I'm going to snap him up now

Diego-Costa-010.jpg

DIEGO COSTA

[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] is up

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Wanted to get a striker to complete the outfield spine of my team. Was a tough choice between 2, but I've gone for my first Non-Zamora footballing idol.

A complete striker who could finish from all distances, with both feet and was nifty in the air too. Fast, Strong, Composed. He also has a name that's rhyming slang for ************ and he appears to be a pretty decent manager too. It is...

Jerrel "Jimmy Floyd" Hasselbaink

Chelsea%27s%20Jimmy%20Floyd%20Hasselbaink.jpg

[MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION] is up.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Continuing my theme of building from the back...... I shall take Tony Adams :)

@DFP, you're up

Last edited:

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Just a heads up, [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION] :

DFP is [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]

I knew the fact I was too lazy to type out his full name would come back to haunt me. Although in my defence, he does go by DFP on other forums. :lol: :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Okay, so my next pick was a key member of the incredible Arsenal Invincibles, a player that boasts 2 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cups, 1 Premier League Player of the Season Award, he scored 72 goals in 216 appearances, was capped 75 times by his country and is still one sexy bar steward, I give you
Freddie Ljungberg.

Please say nobody else has picked him.
[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] you're up (03:27)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
7 picks gone since my last selection and 5 of the players from my wish list have already been snapped up, and still another 27 picks to go before i'm up again. How many will be left from my list of players, not many (if any) at this rate - WILL EVERYONE STOP PICKING THEM.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
With 2 titles, an FA cup, a league cup and a community shield.

Along with being in the team of the year 3 years AND player of the season in 2011-12, I'm going modern to bolster up my defence in front of Cech.

VINCENT KOMPANY

MattBackHome up next!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
7 picks gone since my last selection and 5 of the players from my wish list have already been snapped up, and still another 27 picks to go before i'm up again. How many will be left from my list of players, not many (if any) at this rate - WILL EVERYONE STOP PICKING THEM.
Was Ljungberg one of them?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There are great goalscorers and scorers of great goals. And I've already got that second category covered by Le Tiss. So time to start thinking about my defen...

**** it. Heart over head.

TONY YEBOAH.

Dec 29, 2011
shaolinpunk - Paul Scholes, Gareth Bale, Diego Costa

JOLovegrove - Cristiano Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidić, Edwin Van Der Sar

These two are standing out for me so far on the 'three-pickers'. There are a few two-pick teams who can challenge them if they pick their third player wisely.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

These two are standing out for me so far on the 'three-pickers'. There are a few two-pick teams who can challenge them if they pick their third player wisely.

Surely it also depends on how they fill the categories

For example using my team i have

Played a COMPETITIVE game against Brighton - Ryan Giggs (bet a lot haven't realised friendlies won't count in this category)
Made his PL debut before his 20th Birthday - Ashley Cole
Promoted to the PL - Ian Wright

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

I think what the really tells us is JOLovegrove is a not-so-secret Man United fan. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports