Votes: 118 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
So what is your point? I have never said Potter wasn’t a good coach or denied his achievements but RDZ is better imo.

I don’t want Potter back period. I don’t think he is right for us now, we have moved on.

I also think it would be damaging to the Club’s relationship with a large proportion of the fan base to require they get behind a manager who fcuked off out of the blue after those 6 games for no reason other than more money - he is an opportunist who will do it again in a heartbeat if a larger club comes calling. He has made it quiet clear what he thought of us by the timing of his departure..

We were fortunate our succession policy worked and we got a progressive replacement.

Quoting stats does’t change a thing. Potter had every opportunity to get us into Europe - he was here for just over 3 years - RDZ did it in less than one season.

As I said above, this whole Potter in idea is ridiculous - he is probably hoping to replace Southgate so we’d be second choice if he agreed to come back (and would be more suited to that job than he would to us anyway.)
My point was obvious and was nothing to do with who is the better manager.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Quite.

He was sacked.

Like the man/woman whose exiting partner says 'it's me, not you' and a week later you realize, hang on, you've been dumped.

Happy to repeat the explanation till we appoint the next bloke :thumbsup:
I suspect he was given an ultimatum - get with the programme or go.

He chose to go.

But none of us know do we.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect he was given an ultimatum - get with the programme or go.

He chose to go.

But none of us know do we.
I know :cheery:

Like I knew the result of Today's FA cup. Fact.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Quite.

He was sacked.

Like the man/woman whose exiting partner says 'it's me, not you' and a week later you realize, hang on, you've been dumped.

Happy to repeat the explanation till we appoint the next bloke :thumbsup:
The reported compensation arrangement from other clubs would suggest he was the one that wanted to break away from his contract.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The reported compensation arrangement from other clubs would suggest he was the one that wanted to break away from his contract.
Of course. That's why it was such an elegant solution.

Reportedly.

But......... unconfirmed ??? :wink:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Question for the panel:
Do you think Potter has already had what will in years to come be considered his most successful spell in his [British) managerial career?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Question for the panel:
Do you think Potter has already had what will in years to come be considered his most successful spell in his [British) managerial career?
Quite possibly. 50/50, I reckon.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Question for the panel:
If he does come back, I think he will have a similar spell here, perhaps an even better one.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Question for the panel:
No. The moment he left us I felt envious towards the club who would get him after Chelsea. I’m surprised he’s been unemployed so long (but who wouldn’t after the abuse, and pay off, he received at Chelsea), but he’s still relatively young for a manager.

He’s very talented and more than capable of replicating the job he did here, he just needs a club willing to offer him stability. Like we did. Shame he naively balls up a good thing. Someone will give him that opportunity again.

Might even be us.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
1. Ostersunds cheated their way to success. One or two members of their board were literally sent to jail for diverting public money into the clubs accounts. So they had a good run in the Europa, so what? Loads of clubs do.
2. His season at Swansea was utterly unremarkable. Not terrible, but that's about it
3. For two seasons here the football improved but was often stale and wasteful with bizarre runs of loses, the inability to score and a terrible home record. Many, many chairman would have sacked him at least once during several of those spells.
4. He failed at Chelsea and was utterly lost in the headlights there.

It's simply impossible to argue that his career hasn't gone backwards since he left us. It's also impossible to argue that before he reluctantly played Caicedo (a player he stated wasn't ready) his time here was an improvement on CH but not a great deal else.

It was RDZ who actually made us purr. Who made us believe.

Going back to Potter after RDZ would be a serious f***ing come down.
We were a meme for goodness sakes. The performance art project.

RDZ has left, but can we all at least remember the ambition he showed. We deserve to dare to believe, not look back.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He got Ipswich promoted with a bottom half championship squad. I then watched the FourFourTwo video on his tactics and quickly realised they were an upgrade on those of RDZ.

His sides piss about with the ball at the back causing the opposition to get out of their defensive formation but can break very quickly where as RDZ instructed our players to always ignore the quick break which I found very frustrating.

Finally, his personality reminds me of Potter. Calm, professional and ultra analytical.
Please be fishing.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I wonder what the players think about him coming back ( possibly),I'm not sure he'd get 100% trust value from all of them for a start,I'd much rather we took our time and found another gem of a manager nobody has really ever heard of, there's no rush yet so I certainly trust Mr Bloom and Co to come up trumps again.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Potter transformed the club from relegation bound to top-half stability. We had an incredible start in that 22/23 season thanks to him. Potter’s work at Brighton seems to go unnoticed, even though we wouldn’t be in our current position without him.
Was it transformation? We came 15th and 16th in his first two seasons, 15th and 17th in CH's first two.
So yes the 9th was amazing and we will all be grateful for that, and yes in his first two seasons the football was better, but ultimately league position is the important thing.
Compare that to the impact RDZ made and it's hardly a transformation.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Was it transformation? We came 15th and 16th in his first two seasons, 15th and 17th in CH's first two.
So yes the 9th was amazing and we will all be grateful for that, and yes in his first two seasons the football was better, but ultimately league position is the important thing.
Compare that to the impact RDZ made and it's hardly a transformation.
Yes, I would call finishing 15th/16th to finishing 9th in a few seasons a transformation. We were 4th when Potter left, suggesting that Brighton had been progressing up the league table during Potter's tenure.

I don't like to compare managers. Chris Hughton and Roberto De Zerbi did incredible jobs whilst they were here, also reaching new heights for the club. Let's be thankful to all three managers for what they have done.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If we didn’t have Potter, we wouldn’t have had Europe :shrug:

I’m quite thankful for what he has done here and I will never forget that, unlike others.
But I’d argue if Chelsea hadn’t sacked Tuchel, and Potter had stayed, and with no RDZ we would not have got into Europe.

Yes we were 4th, but in 1974 Carlisle United were top after three games, yet finished 22nd 🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here