• No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
For the love of all that SUCKS … I literally can’t take ANYMORE of this revisionist BS.

It’s NOT going to happen, it really isnt.
Of course it may not happen but far from BS, this is factual. No doubt an uncomfortable truth to many, including you by the sounds of it, but if you look at the table when he left - it's all there.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A pointless thread, man up he's gone with the rest of the rats, good riddance to the lot of em.
Well it’s not pointless, in that everyone gets to have a say and it gives us a feel for the genuine consensus of feeling here about Potter returning. Which he won’t, by the way, we’ll appoint someone left-field. Still doesn’t make discussion pointless, it’s why we are here.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Of course it may not happen but far from BS, this is factual. No doubt an uncomfortable truth to many, including you by the sounds of it, but if you look at the table when he left - it's all there.
No, I’m not having it - 4th in the table at that stage of the season … teams have been relegated after being top at that stage of the game… we would have drifted to our ‘mean’ position under GP to 9th - 13th…

Hubris - his, yours … hubris. Nothing more, nothing less.

That and he’s a money grabbing prat.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Firmly on the fence.

I can think of 1/2 a dozen names I’d prefer (McKenna at the top of my list). But I’d sooner have our former manager back than some of the durge (I’m looking at you Russell Martin) that being suggested by the bookies.

TB and Bloom will only call him if their recruitment process fails spectacularly and their top targets are unavailable. This in itself is virtually impossible so it’s all a little irrelevant isn’t it?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm amazed so many have said yes.
My enthusiasm next season would be lukewarm at best, for the first time in 43 years.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Only an NSC snapshot, but over 60% against is a big margin, (Micky Adams always used to say once you’ve got less than 51% on your side you’re in trouble) the longer this goes on and Tony and PBOBE see the strength of feeling and how potentially toxic a Potter return might be, will they can the whole idea?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Suspect TB will not want to alienate the precious, entitled element of the fanbase by reappointing GP.

If he is the best candidate then appoint him. If people want someone who is less capable than GP to be appointed then fair enough.
Why is it "precious, entitled" to not want Potter back at the club ?

I don't get that at all.

There simply must be a better available and appointable candidate out there.

If there isn't.... then it really calls into question the ditching of RdZ.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I don't get that at all.

De Zerbi ditched himself.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No, I’m not having it - 4th in the table at that stage of the season … teams have been relegated after being top at that stage of the game… we would have drifted to our ‘mean’ position under GP to 9th - 13th…

kelly t
I don't know where you get the hubris thing from about me. I can't see how that's relevant at all.
You are also speculating as to where we would have finished. The truth is we don't know. Nobody does.
But what we do know is that when he left, it had come together, and was looking very good indeed. That's why Chelsea wanted him of course.
As for the "money grabbing prat," part, what would you have done in his shoes? Very difficult to turn down such a lucrative, financially life changing opportunity.
We are Brighton. If we are successful on the pitch, all our best people - players, coaches, and staff, with the exception of Paul Barber, will be snapped up by bigger fish. You should know that by now.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Suspect TB will not want to alienate the precious, entitled element of the fanbase by reappointing GP.

If he is the best candidate then appoint him. If people want someone who is less capable than GP to be appointed then fair enough.
Sorry old boy as we go back a long way, but you’re little wide of the mark on this one.

Since 23rd April 1973 I’ve have had a hobby, a love for which I have that is only surpassed by my family and close friends (mainly the Grandchildren 😂)

I’m neither precious or entitled but IMHO if this individual returned to the club it would create a toxic atmosphere the like of which has not been witnessed since the S******* Archer asset stripped us 29 years ago, something that I wouldn’t really find conducive with a much loved pastime.

So El Pres we will have to agree to differ on this one 👍

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Only an NSC snapshot, but over 60% against is a big margin, (Micky Adams always used to say once you’ve got less than 51% on your side you’re in trouble) the longer this goes on and Tony and PBOBE see the strength of feeling and how potentially toxic a Potter return might be, will they can the whole idea?
Potter or no Potter, we're in League Two within five years if PB and TB start making decisions based on NSC polls and your columns.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Firmly on the fence.

I can think of 1/2 a dozen names I’d prefer (McKenna at the top of my list). But I’d sooner have our former manager back than some of the durge (I’m looking at you Russell Martin) that being suggested by the bookies.

TB and Bloom will only call him if their recruitment process fails spectacularly and their top targets are unavailable. This in itself is virtually impossible so it’s all a little irrelevant isn’t it?
Why is McKenna at the top of your list? Because reports say he’s top of Blooms list.
Unproven in a top league, no experience facing a host of some very good managers game after game. I watched a few Ipswich games in one they lost to non league Maidstone.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I don't know where you get the hubris thing from about me. I can't see how that's relevant at all.
You are also speculating as to where we would have finished. The truth is we don't know. Nobody does.
But what we do know is that when he left, it had come together, and was looking very good indeed. That's why Chelsea wanted him of course.
As for the "money grabbing prat," part, what would you have done in his shoes? Very difficult to turn down such a lucrative, financially life changing opportunity.
We are Brighton. If we are successful on the pitch, all our best people - players, coaches, and staff, with the exception of Paul Barber, will be snapped up by bigger fish. You should know that by now.
It’s pretty simple… I don’t want Graham Potter at our club ever again.

As for your Hubris - I’m referring to the over confidence you have or had - that GP would’ve equalled or bettered RDZ based on beating a woeful utd and a soon to be relegated Leicester et al … you then we suggest that we don’t know where we would have finished… yes, well - that swings both ways and you can’t have it like that…

His hubris was evident before he left and went up several notches within weeks…

He was an okay coach, but have others have illustrated the revisionist drivel being spouted about ‘how great he was’ doesn’t really stack up against the actual reality.

I can’t wait for the actual appointment, so we can put this utter garbage to bed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Do these people not realise it’s where we finish that matters not six games into a season. I mean does the poster honestly believe we would have finished 4th 🤣

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
It’s pretty simple… I don’t want Graham Potter at our club ever again.

As for your Hubris - I’m referring to the over confidence you have or had - that GP would’ve equalled or bettered RDZ based on beating a woeful utd and a soon to be relegated Leicester et al … you then we suggest that we don’t know where we would have finished… yes, well - that swings both ways and you can’t have it like that…

His hubris was evident before he left and went up several notches within weeks…

He was an okay coach, but have others have illustrated the revisionist drivel being spouted about ‘how great he was’ doesn’t really stack up against the actual reality.

I can’t wait for the actual appointment, so we can put this utter garbage to bed.
Talking of revisionist, I’ve just read a post by you when he left for Chelsea calling him a “great coach” 😂

IMG_3414.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Oh please. Sorry, but that’s nonsense.

I don't get that at all.

Exactly.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Talking of revisionist, I’ve just read a post by you when he left for Chelsea calling him a “great coach” 😂

View attachment 182952
Very, very sad btw … trawling that one up, it’s hardly a ringing endorsement… but there you go.

I’m amazed you found me saying anything positive about him - I must have been drunk 🥴

Still wouldn’t want that man back… his Chelsea glow up, his change in personality… to fit with what he thought would impress his new charges… pathetic.

Anyway, none of this changes the FACT that this is utter bollocks and he’s not coming back.. thank God.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports