Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 143

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I actually really liked Birds With Ears !!! Not only saw them live at some of the venues Tom Hark mentions (singer Ian Smith in a frock coat covered with Xmas tree fairly lights), and still have the vinyl version of their one and only album (great tracks - 'Head in my Bag', Eatingest Person', etc), but a band which I played bass in at Sussex Uni once supported them, albeit there were 5 bands on the bill all-in-all!

:drool::blush::drool:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I am quite possibly alone in this... But that appalling, lumpen, vacuous 'tune' has to be the worst piece of crap ever to have been extruded from any human being's fundament.

How proud we must all be that this piece of musical dog-turd gets chanted every week by countless thousands of brain-dead terrace robots at grounds across the country to help 'celebrate' their teams' goals...

As for 'The Piranhas', their being from Brighton is absolutely no excuse whatsoever...

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I am quite possibly alone in this... But that appalling, lumpen, vacuous 'tune' has to be the worst piece of crap ever to have been extruded from any human being's fundament.

How proud we must all be that this piece of musical dog-turd gets chanted every week by countless thousands of brain-dead terrace robots at grounds across the country to help 'celebrate' their teams' goals...

As for 'The Prianhas', their being from Brighton is absolutely no excuse whatsoever...

:facepalm:

It was about time I updated my signature...

:lolol::thumbsup::bowdown:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Good call! They were just about unlistenable. Some art school ponce called, if memory serves, Ian Smith in a top hat who seemed pretty sure he was the dogs bollox. Well he was half right... :lol:

Blimey, Ian Smith, had completely forgotten about him, he was the compere for the original Zap club when it first started in the early 80's.

Wonder what ever happened to him and if he's still a knob!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
WOW. Excellant, enjoyed both Vids. I would like to know when they play again.

Think it will only be a one off as The Piranhas. as the Sax player now lives in the States and was only over here for a while.

As for Helmer and Grover I believe they are working on some material for a possible new band.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Think it will only be a one off as The Piranhas. as the Sax player now lives in the States and was only over here for a while.

As for Helmer and Grover I believe they are working on some material for a possible new band.

Grover is in a band called Dates(which is where Sundays rythmn section came from), i'm not sure that him and Helmer are working on anything new. Although interesting on Sunday to that the chemistry is still there between them.

As for somebody above mentioning Zambezi, thats not really the Piranhans, just Grover(I believe). After the follow up to Tom Hark flopped the band kind of folded, and the Grover re-appeared with Zambezi. Unfortunately, IMHO getting involved with Pete Waterman was their un-doing...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Grover is in a band called Dates(which is where Sundays rythmn section came from), i'm not sure that him and Helmer are working on anything new. Although interesting on Sunday to that the chemistry is still there between them.

Yeah I have the Dates CD indoors. My dad has been to see them live but I have never been sadly.

Grover & Helmer have certainly been writing some new stuff which they performed at Lewes in an unadvertised gig about a week or two ago. Keep an eye out!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Don't be too sure it was a one off:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here