Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PIG coming back?

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I can understand the need to free up wages, FFP, cutbacks etc. etc. but goalkeeper is THE LAST position where any club should look for savings. If Kuszczak is gone for good, and I think we have all already accepted that he is, then BHAFC should sign someone of equal skill and offer him the same or even higher wages. You don't save money on goalkeepers (unless you really want to have 12-15 points fewer at the end of the season than you would have had with a class keeper).

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
TK was clearly unhappy towards the end of the season and I do not expect us to try and get him back.

The Finnish keeper sounds interesting and backed up by Walton would suit me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
TK was clearly unhappy towards the end of the season and I do not expect us to try and get him back.

The Finnish keeper sounds interesting and backed up by Walton would suit me.

Certainly looked like his mind was elsewhere and his form suffered badly. There was some aggro between him and Bruno too on a number of occasions. I'd love to know what that was about. Maybe they were just blaming each other for goals in a Kuipers/Cullip style :smile:

I hope we don't bring him back, I got the impression he thought he was bigger than BHA. Not saying he did, just the impression I got.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Lukas Hradecky (Finnish goalkeeper mentioned in the Argus) is a good goalkeeper and has improved dramatically for Brondby (I see Brondby regularly here in Copenhagen). He won't be cheap (Brondby need all the money they can get) and know that other bigger teams have been looking at him. Having said that would be a good buy if we could get him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lukas Hradecky (Finnish goalkeeper mentioned in the Argus) is a good goalkeeper and has improved dramatically for Brondby (I see Brondby regularly here in Copenhagen). He won't be cheap (Brondby need all the money they can get) and know that other bigger teams have been looking at him. Having said that would be a good buy if we could get him...

If Brondby need money that would help the deal to go through, surely?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope Walton is given a chance, I don't buy the he's too young stuff, if he's good enough which I'm convinced he is then get him in the goal. Having seen him at a youth level I think he is ready, you don't start games for England U19's if you're not rather handy.

There is a massive difference between being a good goalkeeper at youth team level, and being a good number one keeper for the senior team. We have had so many good prospects over the years, in many different positions, but the great majority of them fall away before they get to the first team squad.

I'm not saying that Christian Walton won't develop into a very good keeper, just that he isn't there yet. He still has plenty of time on his hands, and playing just a sprinkling of hand picked first team games, will hold him in good stead for the future. We do need though, a new first choice goalkeeper for the coming season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No rumours or press mentions of anybody being interested in TK so perhaps it is possible that we could still offer him a contract at a lower rate which he may accept to keep playing and hope another team comes in for him, but could do a job for us until then.

No, the PIG has gone, he was costing us far too much money, and it's time to move on. There are plenty of potential replacements out there, many of which will be available l'm sure, for far less salary wise.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They are in debt but not in danger of going bust - and now run by businessmen, they wouldn't let him go for peanuts. Also would he swap European football for us, albeit Europa League...

Ah, I see. So not really a 'Plymouth when we bought Noone' situation then. Fair enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was told today of what a friend was told by a said reputable source, of whom I am unaware that things were not friendly in the changing room due to a player released having a liason with a Spaniards wife.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was told today of what a friend was told by a said reputable source, of whom I am unaware that things were not friendly in the changing room due to a player released having a liason with a Spaniards wife.

This friend: do you mean "North Stand Chat"?

That one went round last week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt see or read it I was on holiday and read some of NSC I was given the names but too risky to post them. Could possibly be true or may be complete b......s only the actual people involved will know the truth.

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
Are you sources the newspapers when you buy fish and chips as your always so out dated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to think (but sadly can't guarantee) if I was told a crappy bit of third hand, unreliable, salacious, tittle-tattle that directly effected the well being of others, I wouldn't be nudge-nudge wink-winking it all over a messageboard.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes I heard that as well...quite a bit if the info given to me is true...saved quite a lot in player and managers wages in the last month...lets hope they use it wisely:smile:

Err..........players contracts expire on June 30th and so they will be paid up until that date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here