Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PIG coming back?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Remember when we all thought we'd lost Calde to Southampton?

It isn't impossible. But it is very unlikely.

It's well known Kuszczak was a very big earner and I think the club have decided they can't justify those sorts of wages anymore. Naturally he doesn't want to negotiate a contract on lower wages, so he's going to try his luck elsewhere. I don't think there's any great disgrace in that, on either side. Did seem a bit disinterested by the end although I'd hardly blame him for the Derby massacre.

I reckon he'll get another club who'll be willing to pay him more than we would, and fair play to him.

The reality is that we've been spoiled in recent years with some big star players like Kuszczak, Upson, Bridge and Vicente. Those days are probably behind us now, as the realities of FFP kick in. We need more signings like Stephens who might not be quite as box office as these former Premier League names and England internationals, but who IS the future of this club, along with Ince, March, Dunk and co.

Let's not dwell on the past and get behind whoever comes in instead

There's one big difference. Calde had been offered a contract to sign. Kuszczak hasn't, so unless the club change their mind and offer him one, he won't be coming back.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From our point of view, the club did say won't be offered a contract at this time. This presumably left the door open for any of the released players to be offered new deals if the new manager wanted it to happen.

However, Kuszczak has made it clear he wants Premier League football so I doubt he would come back. By the time he's realised that no Premier League club is interested, we will probably have signed someone.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Didn't we know he was looking to leave a few months ago? I don't know why people were so shocked that he did.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Casper is a pretty good keeper. Happy for him to have a shot at No 1 again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't much about wages but was Kuszczak earning more than Brezovan and Ankergren together?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Bizarre move if true. I know he may get more money but...come on, Bolton? Seriously Tom?!

I met PIG last summer at Faro airport coming back from his holidays just before preseason. He was flying back to Manchester as his main home is in Cheshire. Bolton may be a perfect fit for him as it's close and they will pay big wages. Perhaps we can get Bogdan in his place.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I hope Walton is given a chance, I don't buy the he's too young stuff, if he's good enough which I'm convinced he is then get him in the goal. Having seen him at a youth level I think he is ready, you don't start games for England U19's if you're not rather handy.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think we should sign him.

But only on a pay as you play deal. :dunce:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No rumours or press mentions of anybody being interested in TK so perhaps it is possible that we could still offer him a contract at a lower rate which he may accept to keep playing and hope another team comes in for him, but could do a job for us until then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here