Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pass that deserves it's own thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Proud moment for me. I think 'Gerrardesque' is the longest word my lad has used. I know it's not really a word but it's what he said when Dunk hit that pass.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Twice the player Greer currently is.

Him, Ince, March - Oscar needs to build a team around them, 'cos in 5 years they won't look out of place in the Premiership.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Upson and Dunk. Could be a great pairing, as Greer vulnerable on occasions like selling himself to allow Dobbie an undefended shot.
Have either Upson or Dunk got the leadership/organisational skills of Greer ... he does marshall the defence well.

Remember how much El-Abd improved when played alongside Greer?

Now image a similar scenario with Dunk learning from England International Matthew Upson for the next couple of seasons? :drool: We'd have a £5,000,000 player on our hands.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Mr. Control and Deji Backpass have been our most reliable defensive attributes this year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was it Dunk who somehow managed to clear the ball off the line from under the bar in the first half, after a Yeovil shot had hit the bar and bounced up? That was a really difficult header and not only did he get to it, but he managed to direct it away from goal and not even for a corner too.

Plus being in the right place when TK went awol, also in the first half.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was it Dunk who somehow managed to clear the ball off the line from under the bar in the first half, after a Yeovil shot had hit the bar and bounced up? That was a really difficult header and not only did he get to it, but he managed to direct it away from goal and not even for a corner too.

I believe that was him, yes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
its his passing like that and his occasional spurts running with the ball that makes him better than Greer in my opinion.

I like to see an occassional spurt and Dunk is the way forward and yes, I have had a drink.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford

I need to see the replay of that, I still can't work out how he did it from my view in the south end of west lower. Incredible clearance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I need to see the replay of that, I still can't work out how he did it from my view in the south end of west lower. Incredible clearance.

Yeah. At the very best, I was expecting a corner to be conceded. Great stuff.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Sorry to disappoint, the clearance off the line when they hit the bar was by PIG not Dunk... And was equally as impressive

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry to disappoint, the clearance off the line when they hit the bar was by PIG not Dunk... And was equally as impressive

Really? Looked like a header to me. And seemingly to everyone else here.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I was watching on SKY (200 miles away) and thought it was a header at first, then saw On the replay PIG stretch out a hand to tip it away... Happy to be proved wrong though!

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I was watching on SKY (200 miles away) and thought it was a header at first, then saw On the replay PIG stretch out a hand to tip it away... Happy to be proved wrong though!

You're not wrong.

The TV replay from behind the goal clearly shows it was Koosh who cleared it, although it looked more like a punch than a fingertip.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really? Looked like a header to me. And seemingly to everyone else here.

Just watched it again. Dunk drops back to cover, and just as he is about to head it, Kuszczak punches it (and gives Dunk a forearm to the head). 17m57 on the game clock if anyone else wants to check.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

No no, I bow to your superior knowledge on this one. Only saw it live at the game, no replays, so if that's what you've seen, I guess TK must have saved his own bacon there :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk was MOM tonight in my book, although it has to be said Yeovil didn't pose much of a threat upfront. Next season he will get more game time, if he can hit a 70 yard pass like that he has to get more opportunities to develop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here