THE palace player to watch out for Derby day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Williams has the same effect that Zaha does in that he draws players to him and frees space elsewhere. Zaha gets a lot of stick here (shocker) largely due to the fact that he's a skilful player and sometimes goes down a bit easily. But he is always involved and his passing has really improved. He will be quite some player - he just won't always be breathtaking and that seems to be what some people think is the minimum acceptable level for him !

Williams is a constantly involved player - comes as deep as he needs to in order to get the ball, and his immense close control, balance and vision makes him extremely dangerous. Unusually for a player of this ilk he isn't shy of a crunching tackle and ever since I saw him get stuck into Papa Bouba Diop last season I've known he's well up for it. Quite a player, and only 19.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Speroni - if he isn't playing a blinder , Spanish Dave and Spanish Len will have easy pickings.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
another Palace thread

anyway Derby day is when we play Crawley

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Crawly already consider Palace as their latest rivals

good then maybe all those palace fans we have on here might go and bother the Crawley forum if they have one and if they keep that turnip of a manager they will be playing in the same league as Crawley very soon

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
good then maybe all those palace fans we have on here might go and bother the Crawley forum if they have one and if they keep that turnip of a manager they will be playing in the same league as Crawley very soon

If you really believe that you should take a trip to the bookies.

I think you'll find the Premier League is a far more likely destination for the mighty Eagles :bowdown:

Speroni - if he isn't playing a blinder , Spanish Dave and Spanish Len will have easy pickings.

0 shots on target against the bottom of the league team. We put 4 past the best defense in the division. Not concerned.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you really believe that you should take a trip to the bookies.

I think you'll find the Premier League is a far more likely destination for the mighty Eagles :bowdown:

0 shots on target against the bottom of the league team. We put 4 past the best defense in the division. Not concerned.

I'll say it again , you lost 4-1 at Ashton Gate plus fail to mention Speroni was beaten twice on Tuesday evening.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'll say it again , you lost 4-1 at Ashton Gate plus fail to mention Speroni was beaten twice on Tuesday evening.

We lost 4-1 at Ashton Gate with our reserves. We hadn't signed Bolasie, Delaney, Moritz, Blake, etc. and Murray was injured.

Bristol City weren't bottom of the league then, either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We lost 4-1 at Ashton Gate with our reserves. We hadn't signed Bolasie, Delaney, Moritz, Blake, etc. and Murray was injured.

Bristol City weren't bottom of the league then, either.

In that case I'll chip in with CMS rupturing his Achilles tendon in the 1st half as an excuse for us not having a shot on goal all game :facepalm: Bristol City have proved over most of the season they are heading for relegation regardless of where they were in the table when they played Palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You had 6 of the same players in your team for that game as you did for the last match.

Not really RESERVES

About half our matchday squad wasn't playing against Bristol. It was the best side we could field at the time but would be very much second string now.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I really hope we smash this lot, I mean REALLY

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We put 4 past the best defense in the division. Not concerned.

How do you work that out?

Hull before they played you had conceded 39 goals and now it is 43.

Cardiff have conceded 37 goals

Leicester have conceded 30

Brighton have conceded 35

They still have a better defensive record than Palace, even after you put 4 past them. Only one team in the top 6 have a worse defence than Palace and that is Watford.

Last season we drew 0-0 at Wet spam yet I seem to recall you lot got tonked 6-0 what difference does that make?

Compared to you - A point and minus six on our goal difference. Anything else you want to know about football ?:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports