Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE palace player to watch out for Derby day

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Bridcutt was one of their lads who couldn't live with Zaha that day even though according to them he didn't have a good game. Got turned inside out and hacked him down to the side of the box second half and got a yellow.

Apparently he's better than Jedinak :lol:

OK I will bite, Bridcutt was filling in at Left back in that game only as we had already lost 2 left back and a central defender so not really a surprise he lost out to Zaha although "couldn't live" might be stretching it a bit. Liam Bridcutt holds the midfield together as a defensive midfielder and is a quality player, he may not be as affective in the usual Championship hoofball teams as he's only 4 foot 10 and has perfect timing in the tackle. Bridcutt is the first person on the team sheet and if you judging him by that performance then that's good news for us. I would not swap him for anyone in the Palace team....awaits endless <Palace player> is world class and better than your player bullshite.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
About where he plays? Is that not right? Where was I wrong?

He's a defensive midfielder; hence he's more likely to be involved with the oppositions attacking midfielder.

Last game both of our left backs were injured. The right back who was playing left back then went to become the emergency centre back (as injuries and illness meant we had no defensive cover on the bench). The only option was to shift Bridcutt to left back.

I'm not surprised you're confident of a win next Sunday if you thought that that was anywhere near our best back 4!!!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Brilliant post - whilst Williams will have a great career, no doubt, he is simply not in Vicente's class bracket.

Only the most blinkered and deluded would think he is.

Thing is with Vincente it's all in the past, He is a 'has been'.

Will he add to his 20 odd Brighton appearances on the 17th or his he back on the treatment bench?

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
He's a defensive midfielder; hence he's more likely to be involved with the oppositions attacking midfielder.

Last game both of our left backs were injured. The right back who was playing left back then went to become the emergency centre back (as injuries and illness meant we had no defensive cover on the bench). The only option was to shift Bridcutt to left back.

I'm not surprised you're confident of a win next Sunday if you thought that that was anywhere near our best back 4!!!

Fair enough, why would I know the ins and outs of your squad?

Will wait to see what the fuss is all about with Bridcutt and his tackle timing (his watch must have been slow back in December with the amount of times he sythed down Zaha). Tell you what - you compare your Bridcutt to our Jedinak next Sunday and we'll have a balanced honesty discussion about who is the better defensive mid.

I've only seen Bridcutt in the match at Selhurst so it sounds like that isn't a fair reflection. I shall wait and see.

Any chance of your Spanish superstar international playing or has he popped home again?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is surely not a serious post.

After Dunk was sent off Bridcutt had to fill in as a LB with Orlandi giving him a hand. Orlandi got an elbow in the ribs by Bolassie , two minutes later he went down in the penalty area and had to be subbed off. Bridge and Upson are top quality defenders.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
About where he plays? Is that not right? Where was I wrong?

Fair enough, why would I know the ins and outs of your squad?

Will wait to see what the fuss is all about with Bridcutt and his tackle timing (his watch must have been slow back in December with the amount of times he sythed down Zaha). Tell you what - you compare your Bridcutt to our Jedinak next Sunday and we'll have a balanced honesty discussion about who is the better defensive mid.

I've only seen Bridcutt in the match at Selhurst so it sounds like that isn't a fair reflection. I shall wait and see.

Any chance of your Spanish superstar international playing or has he popped home again?

Why comment when you don't know anything about the player? To be fair, in my opinion you "redeemed" (if it was necessary) yourself with the last part of the post. Every pundit who has paid any attention to the Championship this season has acknowledged how good Liam Bridcutt has been. If you have no interest in the league outside of your own club, then fair enough and there is no problem with that. But if that's the case, don't attempt to comment on a player.

Vicente will play, but with or without him we're a top 6 team. Could you say the same if Zaha was out?

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Why comment when you don't know anything about the player? To be fair, in my opinion you "redeemed" (if it was necessary) yourself with the last part of the post. Every pundit who has paid any attention to the Championship this season has acknowledged how good Liam Bridcutt has been. If you have no interest in the league outside of your own club, then fair enough and there is no problem with that. But if that's the case, don't attempt to comment on a player.

Vicente will play, but with or without him we're a top 6 team. Could you say the same if Zaha was out?

I was asking you about him, not commenting beyond how I felt he performed in the one game which I have stated isn't a fair reflection. Yes without Zaha we have Bolasie, or Williams, or Moritz, or De Silva and Banton at a push. Are we a one man team (Zaha)? What about Murray? What about Williams? What about Phillips? Yes I'll agree that without all of these then we wouldn't be where we are but one man? Not at all. Zaha has not been firing on all cylinders since late November in my opinion.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Will he add to his 20 odd Brighton appearances on the 17th or his he back on the treatment bench?

To a certain extent i agree with you - having said that whenever he plays he is comforatably the best player in the championship and if consistantly fit he would walk into any of the top four premiership sides. I hope he is fit and plays on the 17th he is a genius with a football.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
To a certain extent i agree with you - having said that whenever he plays he is comforatably the best player in the championship and if consistantly fit he would walk into any of the top four premiership sides. I hope he is fit and plays on the 17th he is a genius with a football.

If he would walk into any one of the top 4 sides in the Prem then - no offence - why is he at Brighton? Easy ride, big fish in small pond, able to get away with one game every few weeks to pick up his pay check.

I find it unlikely.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If he would walk into any one of the top 4 sides in the Prem then - no offence - why is he at Brighton? Easy ride, big fish in small pond, able to get away with one game every few weeks to pick up his pay check.

I find it unlikely.

becasue he is injury prone and has only played 20 odd times in two years. I also suspect and i dont know that we were probably the only club in europe that didnt offer him a pay as you play deal... I am under no illusions that a permenantly fit Vicente would not have signed for us. If he plays on 17th please let me know what you think.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
becasue he is injury prone and has only played 20 odd times in two years. I also suspect and i dont know that we were probably the only club in europe that didnt offer him a pay as you play deal... I am under no illusions that a permenantly fit Vicente would not have signed for us. If he plays on 17th please let me know what you think.

OK I will do that for you. I must admit I have never seen him play or even recall his name from the Spanish team of the early 2000's so cannot comment. What current player (Worldwide) is he like in style?

You have to have once "been" to be called a "has been"

Lets see what Williams actually does with his career, he could well turn out to be another Bostock.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
OK I will do that for you. I must admit I have never seen him play or even recall his name from the Spanish team of the early 2000's so cannot comment. What current player (Worldwide) is he like in style?

Good question!

In his Valencia and Spain days he was an out and out left winger - now he plays attacking midfield role for us basically he goes where he wants. Not being funny he is like messi ( i would be interested what other ablion fans think), he is quite slight, great balance and poise on the ball, can see and execute an incredible range of passes and has plently of tricks - the ball is literally glued to his feet, and he takes very good set peices. The frustration is that he is rarely fit.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Good question!

In his Valencia and Spain days he was an out and out left winger - now he plays attacking midfield role for us basically he goes where he wants. Not being funny he is like messi ( i would be interested what other ablion fans think), he is quite slight, great balance and poise on the ball, can see and execute an incredible range of passes and has plently of tricks - the ball is literally glued to his feet, and he takes very good set peices. The frustration is that he is rarely fit.

Sounds very much like Williams. Although obviously he is young not old.

ooooh cheap shot

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Sounds very much like Williams. Although obviously he is young not old. ooooh cheap shot
Williams was unfortunately very good at the amex last year the only time i have seen him play - the palace boys i work with rave about him. So he is defo one to watch shame he is welsh as well as a nigel

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
After Dunk was sent off Bridcutt had to fill in as a LB with Orlandi giving him a hand. Orlandi got an elbow in the ribs by Bolassie , two minutes later he went down in the penalty area and had to be subbed off. Bridge and Upson are top quality defenders.

I'm sure they are but considering conventional wisdom is to put 2 men on each of them I doubt that leads to our boys concerning themselves with anything other than how to own them again. An elbow in the ribs ? Do you mean the fair shoulder charge that left your powder puff defender in the crowd ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here