Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Out in Marseille and this may help someone" thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, it's nearly upon us...

I know @NottinghamGull is out in Marseille already, taking in some rugby ahead of the big game, and I'm guessing a few people may be travelling out tomorrow, so a thread for those out there to share any tips, advice etc that may be helpful for others heading to, or in Marseille.

Take care and have fun everyone!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Can't wait, watched Jamie Oliver last night and I'm dressing exactly the same as he had no bother walking round the Old Port area.
Polishing the Birkenstocks as we speak.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I see they have sent the email with your ticket collection info on and your unique voucher code. Exciting. Check your inbox!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Tree hugger Birkenstocks will definitely out you as a brighton fan straight away and you will rightfully get a kicking ❤️
Mine are Adidas flavour.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Arriving 10am Wednesday and have done literally 0 research on how to get anywhere or what to go and see as work/life has been to busy! Plan is to find my way from the airport to the City, collect my ticket, check into the hotel and then look around the la joliette area for some lunch/dinner and hopefully find somewhere to watch the Champions League. Thursday will probably just be pre-match Albion drinking in our jolly village. Late flight back on Friday so if I get time I might look up and visit any tourist sights they have.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
IMG_7383.jpeg

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Flying out tomorrow evening. Mooch around Wednesday, pick up ticket then find bar for Toon v PSG

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Just reading in the La Provence newspaper that a couple of teenagers were shot dead in a fire fight in the La Joliette area near my hotel a few months ago *gulp*

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know there's a few going who are on the Seagulls Over London Whatsapp chat group.
If you're on here, perhaps you can share some similar info.
I've posted this thread on there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just reading in the La Provence newspaper that a couple of teenagers were shot dead in a fire fight in the La Joliette area near my hotel a few months ago *gulp*
In the first season in the PL a mate and I stayed in a pub in Salford for a weekend away including the Man U game.

It was the only building left standing in the street it was on and when we parked and went in there was a rather obvious hole in the ceiling. A cab picked us up and took us into town. “You do know there was a shooting there last week lads?”.

To this day I have no idea if he was serious but it would certainly have explained the hole.

The breakfast in a housing estate greasy spoon where the bloke on the next table was making a rolly from discarded butts was surprisingly good though.

You’ll be fine.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone know the French for, "not me... him, he's the Brighton fan, take him!"?
Je dis, espèce de grenouille non lavée, où puis-je trouver une tasse de thé ?

singing4seagulls

Apr 2, 2017
So I've got a ticket to the game, but none of my mates had the balls / were organised enough to come.

Would love to find a few friendly people to drink with before the game. No idea what to expect, but I'm just a smidge hesitant going around on my own.

Anyone up for a random bloke to join them? I'm 34 and I'm a bog standard standard grew up in Brighton now live in London type 😅

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here