The Race Hill
I feel that there may be a few poorly golf fans tomorrow

3221625.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was sitting with my 5 year old daughter, watching Dunne play up the 18th earlier.

"Daddy - is this crazy golf?"
"No - it's proper golf."
"Why is there a little bridge then?"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good stuff. Paul Dunne, Louis Oosthuizen and Jason Day lead on -12. That round from Dunne was superb. Speith -11, Harrington -10. Dustin looked thoroughly disinterested and shot 75 (good). Loads of people at -9 and -8 including Justin Rose, Sergio, Danny Willett, and Eddie Pepperell. Paul Lawrie finished badly and is on -6.

2 amateurs in the top 10. Can an amateur win the Open for the first time since 1933? I doubt it, but it would be great if they did.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Good stuff. Paul Dunne, Louis Oosthuizen and Jason Day lead on -12. That round from Dunne was superb. Speith -11, Harrington -10. Dustin looked thoroughly disinterested and shot 75 (good). Loads of people at -9 and -8 including Justin Rose, Sergio, Danny Willett, and Eddie Pepperell. Paul Lawrie finished badly and is on -6.

2 amateurs in the top 10. Can an amateur win the Open for the first time since 1933? I doubt it, but it would be great if they did.

Set up for a cracking finish tomorrow. Impossible to call as so many could win but Speith is the man in form and will take some beating. Hope Popplewell has another great round and wouldn't rule out Rose being in the frame at the end.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Great shame for the spectators that so much time has been lost to the weather and the Open will conclude tomorrow. I hope the galleries are sufficient to do one of the best sporting occasions in the world justice. I see the R and A are charging £10 admission and under 16s go free, if accompanied by an adult.

It would have been a great gesture - an in the spirit of the Open and the home of golf - had they simply thrown the gates open and waived admission fees. Oh well.

Head says Speith. Heart says Dunne.

That was the last time we will hear the dulcet tones of Ivor Robson announcing the players on the tee at The Open.:down:

On the tee.....from South Korea...........K.J.Choi

For his tea..................Dog.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Jordan Spieth pitches into 17, his third shit on the horrible par four.

Quote from the bbc website...nerves must really be getting to him...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
3 way playoff. Zach Johnson, Mark Leishman and Louis Oosthuizen, who finished 4,3. All on -15

Speith finished 5,4 to miss out by one. Dunne had a nervy start, came back well, then fell away to finish on -6 Shame, but he did very very well.

Golf really is a wonderful game but it is slowly being spoiled by these idiots who shout things either just before someone is to play or as they hit the ball. Snipers need deploying in the stands to take them out.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
That was the last time we will hear the dulcet tones of Ivor Robson announcing the players on the tee at The Open.:down:

On the tee.....from South Korea...........K.J.Choi

For his tea..................Dog.

Missed him doing Oosty with the clever bbc changing chsnnels & hazel telling me if the Oz wins it will be the anniversary of Normsns 1993 win....biggie that the 22nd anniversary

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Oosty and Zach - 1 after 1, Mark +1.

Ken Brown: "How is Gary Player?"
Peter Alliss:"Very well, still exercising, you cannot stop him........there were rumours that he had drowned in a vat of muesli. A strong currant pulled him in".

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Zach Johnson wins the 4 way play-off. Leishman never really in it, Louis 3 putted 17 when Johnson was in trouble. Louis' putt for birdie at the last to tie ran over the left edge of the hole.
Good stuff. Shame a yank won but you can't have everything in life. And he did play very well today, so I cannot begrudge him that.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Well played Zach Johnson. To win like that is the definition of sporting pressure!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here