Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ONLY Albion managerial suspensions thread [Latest: Tanno reinstated]

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Apologies if fixtures, but I read with interest in the Daily Mirror the article about Gus praising up Jose Murihno.
What caught my eye was the fact that they referred to him as our " FORMER " manager !!!
Now do they know something already that we don't, and yes granted its as much as a comic as The Scum is but was a tad weird !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maybe but how are they meant to do anything differently? The club have to follow a process

Really? Surely the club has chosen to take a certain course of action. I presume they are following a course laid down in their employees' terms of employment. But if they were making it up as they went along we'd be none the wiser.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Good point. We suffocate ourselves so much every day with endless hopes of updates, whereas 90% of north of Croydon probably don't even know we have suspensions.

90% of Croydon probably couldn't find their own arse with both hands

That's not speculation folks, that a fact.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It is good the club are seemingly following due process but by god it is taking time.

Is it possible people being on holiday has slowed the process down?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Very interesting.

Glad we have a big part of the club back to work in Tanno, and as a senior member and spanish speaker hopefully it'll help keep other things in check. He'll also hopefully keep our defense in such a good nick.

But what does he DO?!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I agree, but it could be as simple as all 3 have been asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement over the whole thing and Tanno replied quicker than the other two (or at least his legal rep did) but nothing more sinister than that. GP & CO may be in the same boat as Tanno in terms of "all resolved, please come back to work" but literally, the 'letter is in the post'. Not suggesting this is the case, but it is a plausable reason for the further delay without resorting to Neil-Amstrong-shot-JFK-because-the-moon-landings-were-never-going-to-happen level conspiracy theories!

Conceded!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As others have said whether tanno stays will depend on the outcome of poyets hearing. I also dont think it necessarily means that the other outcomes are going to be a while. Each is independent and confidential of each other and the club has been careful to this point and I would guess that would extend to not telling tanno about timings etc for gus, hence I would not expect them to ask him to wait to publish the result whether the result was due tomorrow or not.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, it's a start, yes, but the only key decision is re Poyet. Stay tuned. The sooner, the better.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As others have said whether tanno stays will depend on the outcome of poyets hearing. I also dont think it necessarily means that the other outcomes are going to be a while. Each is independent and confidential of each other and the club has been careful to this point and I would guess that would extend to not telling tanno about timings etc for gus, hence I would not expect them to ask him to wait to publish the result whether the result was due tomorrow or not.

Fair point too. I formally withdraw the comment that the inference in the announcement means that news on Gus and Charlie wont be heard today or tomorrow. (Though, as you would expect, I reserve the right to re-instate the view if news hasn't been made public by tomorrow night!!) :wink:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I'm actually more interested on Charlie than anyone else. A true Albion man. :/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here