The ONLY Albion managerial suspensions thread [Latest: Tanno reinstated]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wow, how strange. The plot thickens. You would have thought they would have waited until the investigation into all three had been concluded, wouldn't you? Why announce Tanno separately?

For the reason I said earlier? If Tanno is no longer suspended, he may want to talk with people at the club. The only way he could do that is if they knew he had been cleared. If the mgt told the whole club he was cleared, it would leak. So they have to release a Press Release. It does however indicate that the club don't think that they'll be in a position to announce news on Gus and Charlie for a couple (or so) days at least, since if they thought they'd get them all sorted out one way or the other in the next 24 hours, they'd have said to Tanno "OK, you're in the clear, keep a lid on it for 24 hours and don't talk to anyone at the club - just 24 hours. OK?"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
blah blah blah.

th

Last edited by a moderator:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
For the reason I said earlier? If Tanno is no longer suspended, he may want to talk with people at the club. The only way he could do that is if they knew he had been cleared. If the mgt told the whole club he was cleared, it would leak. So they have to release a Press Release. It does however indicate that the club don't think that they'll be in a position to announce news on Gus and Charlie for a couple (or so) days at least, since if they thought they'd get them all sorted out one way or the other in the next 24 hours, they'd have said to Tanno "OK, you're in the clear, keep a lid on it for 24 hours and don't talk to anyone at the club - just 24 hours. OK?"

You've been watching too much Secret Squirrel

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You've been watching too much Secret Squirrel

Perhaps! I do think that the club would have wanted to resolve all three at the same time if they could.... so that implies that Gus and Charlie won't be sorted for a at least a day or two more....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We will never agree on this but where I seriously differ is the ''not rushed to judgement'' line. The fact the suspension happened so quickly after the play off defeat could be interpreted that there was action completed in haste. The subsequent ''Actually, there is nothing to see here statement, carry on as you were Tanno’’ suggests they would have been better off (in Tanno’s case) doing nothing. I don’t know ANY facts or pretend to but as I say I have less sympathy with the club as time progresses - I just don't buy this is how they intended it panning out.

Is it supposition to suggest that Tanno will come back as if nothing has happened? You bet. Would I come back to work as if nothing had happened if I was suspended and an investigation turned nothing up? I’d want to tell my employers to do one – I can’t believe things will be the same again and there are a lot of people on here kidding themselves if they think we wont have a divided club and fan base if the management team remain. At least today’s announcement suggest progress. The sooner this whole sorry mess is over one way or another the better.

I guess we shall have to agree to disagree one this one as we both interpret the situation differently. Still I do share your desire for this to be resolved sometime soon, as it is very frustrating. However I am willing to be patent enough to let the club deal with it in the manner they see fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports