Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The one thing you will avoid on TV at Xmas

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it be Mrs Browns boys.

It’s so sh!t, I’ve named my sh!t after it.
“ excuse me while I drop Mrs Browns boys off”

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Without wishing to sound like a ****, it's never been a tradition in either my or my wife's family to watch tv on Christmas Day.

There's usually too much fun stuff to do, especially with kids, so it's the one day when there is never any need whatsoever to switch it on. And it's not like there's any football or cricket. :shrug:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
BBC One Christmas night is aimed at the female gender, ( yes, I know I'm stereotyping, but it is true).
Strictly Come Dancing, followed by Call the Midwife, followed by, what will probably be an hour of unremitting misery, Eastenders.

Two of Mrs LLFs favourite programmes, and then my Darling Daughters favourite.

And a Merry Christmas to you all.

I’ll be asleep by then so it doesn’t really matter what they watch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rarely watch TV at Christmas but I think there's some new Alan Partridge stuff on BBC2 so I will look out for that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rarely watch TV at Christmas but I think there's some new Alan Partridge stuff on BBC2 so I will look out for that.

Isn't that his " Yuletide alan". The one where he eventually gets sacked from the bbc? Brilliant scene with him getting to drive a rover automatic and his bbc boss saying how there is too much product placing on the bbc......he then tries to shut up the rover salesman in the show.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Two Ronnies Christmas Special 1982 currently on BBC4 :)

:xmas:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isn't that his " Yuletide alan". The one where he eventually gets sacked from the bbc? Brilliant scene with him getting to drive a rover automatic and his bbc boss saying how there is too much product placing on the bbc......he then tries to shut up the rover salesman in the show.

That's a brilliant episode but no, this Christmas one is called something like "What, where, when and whom" and is a retrospective look back at Alan's life and preceeds the new Alan Partridge series in 2018 on BBC2.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Michael Macintyre's Enournmosly FUN Christmas
Miranda Hart Falling over and saying "Gosh" at Christmas
Mrs Brown's tax-dodging Christmas Bollocks
Anything with Celebrity in the title.

Can you have a word with my missus please happypig??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Film don't really hold the same magic at Christmas anymore when you used to anticipate a new one being premiered on telly, now you can watch whatever you want whenever you want it doesn't have the same allure. I will no doubt watch one of the Indian Jones trilogy, probably Crusade at some point over the festive week.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Michael Macintyre's Enournmosly FUN Christmas
Miranda Hart Falling over and saying "Gosh" at Christmas
Mrs Brown's tax-dodging Christmas Bollocks
Anything with Celebrity in the title.

image.jpeg

:)

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Never understand why anyone feels the need to watch TV Christmas Day. My wife's parents are as boring as **** but I'd never resort to the box.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Never understand why anyone feels the need to watch TV Christmas Day. My wife's parents are as boring as **** but I'd never resort to the box.

It's also very hard, with so many people in a house, to pick a film, get everyone engaged in it and sit and watch it without people coming and going, walking about, getting distracted etc. I'd rather save films and TV for a time I can sit and get involved with them. As you say, far better things to do on the day that watch telly.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Nailed it. Plus....all the Soaps and ‘reality’ TV shows and anything at all emanating from Simon Cowell’s TV turd-making machine.......all of which, of course, the Missus will watch (whilst I’m in the other room watching sport, Attenborough and comedy shows drinking port [emoji106][emoji106])
My wife just read your post and is convinced I’m dazzer6666.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never turn the thing on, on Christmas day, no relatives visiting this year, but will have about seven people there what with kids partners etc.
All morning spent slaving over a hot BBQ oven, whilst others wake up do what they do and swim in the pool.
We put everything out on a Bain Marie type thing so that folks can take what they want when they want.
Alcohol is consumed and then we chew the fat until all done in, then crash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here