Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The one thing you will avoid on TV at Xmas

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I.T.V.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I shall be avoiding all of it except for football and the news. Better things to do than watch the utter crap served up to us on the tele.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
BBC One Christmas night is aimed at the female gender, ( yes, I know I'm stereotyping, but it is true).
Strictly Come Dancing, followed by Call the Midwife, followed by, what will probably be an hour of unremitting misery, Eastenders.

Two of Mrs LLFs favourite programmes, and then my Darling Daughters favourite.

And a Merry Christmas to you all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only thing I ever watch on live TV on Christmas day is Dr Who. Albeit I think last year we recorded it and watched it some other time.

Last Christmas day we watched the entire Box of Delights on dvd. Marvellous.

I am assuming that telly is the same relentless load of old bollocks it was when I was a kid in the 70s, with the latterday equivalents of Val Doonican, Cilla, Savile, Monkhouse etc drivelling on, in festive sweaters, in sanctimonious and unfunny fashion, recorded earlier (in August judging by the tans). Any of you tuning in should take long hard looks at yourselves. :lolol:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Voice, or anything purporting to be a 'talent' show, and any similar type of programme involving dancing - on ice or otherwise. Nor will I e watching any voyeuristic stuff in the Big Brother category.

Oh, yes, and another one who'll be avoiding the shittiest 'comedy' show ever inflicted on a TV audience, Mrs. Brown's Boys - yeugh, yeugh and double yeugh.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All TV on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Thankfully at Chelsea on Boxing Day but will watch MOTD

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Brown, Hart and McIntyre are all off limits as they're sh1te.

All others will pale into insignificance 'til NYD and The Bridge. Excited doesn't come close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here