The once in a lifetime wembley trips?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Albion 83 x 2, Music It's a kind of magic, and Hell freezes over, Steve Foster's cap vs NI, and many other England games, vs Brazil New Wembley. ELP, Dire Straits Wembley conference (?) venue if that counts...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The old Wembley probably about 30 times. This includes all 3 Albion games there, a lot of England internationals, concerts by Genesis and the Rolling Stones and a marching band competition that Burgess Hill Scout Band were in. Oh, and a League Cup final between Arsenal and Liverpool.

New Wembley just for two England internationals so far.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure, definitely 3 times watching the Albion plus about another 7 or 6 qualifiers and maybe a couple of friendlies (Brazil and Holland I think). I was fortunate to be there to witness the great Geoff Thomas attempt to lob the keeper from distance! All at the old Wembley although I have done the stadium tour of the new one which I would recommend.

edit: forgot about concerts. Saw The Boss on the Born in the USA tour and Madonna on the Rain tour (saw the Albion at Orient earlier in the day).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Never, got invited to a few NFL games there and an England qualifier but I'm determined to make my first time there an Albion based experience.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Old Wemberlee 3 times one cup final (sadly not 83 but 89), one Engerlund friendly v Italy pre Italia 90 and the 91 play off final with teh Albionz

New wemberlee 2 times both Engerlund friendlies v Hungary circa 2010 and Chile circa 2014.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Recovery Parkrun planned today but spotted friend's son 100m in front on the final 500m. Went flat out and overtook him at 5.04 mile pace. Gave him the obligatory finger only for the whippersnapper to speed up and gain 10m on me over the final 50m. Good fun.

https://www.strava.com/activities/487007975

I love that spike in the graph even if it lost.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
loved the old place

first time was a schoolboy international 74/75 against Holland we won won 4-0

last time against France (Zidane & Co) lost 0-2

in between,once with the Albion and around a dozen watching England

amazing to think you could watch greyhound racing there

done the tour and walking out of the tunnel was something else as was walking up the steps (39?) to raise a cup with cheering over the PA

never been to the new one and that could be 'a once in a lifetime trip' now

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Only saw Albion in 1991 at the old Wembley. I've seen Harlequins play a couple of times at the new one.

D

Deleted User X18H

Cup finals 83
Playoff final 91
But also England schoolboys 79 (Paul Rideout hatrick)
And beat this one Hove dogs intertrack final in around 1995. They won. The place was comparitvly deserted.

Few England matches in the large 80's . Brazil 1990 Luxemberg 1999 to name a few.

New Wembley
2007 1st Division Playoff final Blackpool v Yeovil
2008 or 2009 FA Trophy Final Ebbbesfleet ( Paul McCarthy et el)
2010 FA Cup Final

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Play off final 1991
England games x4 early 90's
Guns n Roses

Haven't been to New Wembley yet and don't intend to until we get there so could be waiting long long time

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
And beat this one Hove dogs intertrack final in around 1995. They won. The place was comparitvly deserted.
I was there as well had one of my dogs running

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
England v Luxembourg and Czechs in the 70s and Yugoslavia in the 80s.
3 x Albion.
Full members cup final 85, Blackburn v Charlton.
Frank Bruno v Tim Witherspoon 86.
Also have done a tour, plus a couple of gigs.

New Wembley.
England v Belguim, plus AC/DC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports