Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL thread - Snowing here...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can we settle this whole East v West Sussex thing once and for all ?

The one that gets the most snow settled between now and midnight Tuesday is the winner.

We now have an update from the met office that gives more details of tomorrows expectations of severe weather:-

London & South East England:
60% Gtr London
60% Hampshire
60% Kent
60% Medway
60% Surrey

Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow

0001 Mon 2 - 2359 Mon 2

There is a Moderate Risk of an Extreme weather event affecting parts of southeast England, including parts of London during Monday. There is the potential for bands of heavy snow to bring accumulations of up to 15cms to some areas, accompanied by strong easterly winds, bringing drifting to higher ground.

Issued at: 1131 Sun 1 Feb

No mention of this threat affecting East Sussex, Brighton & Hove or West Sussex.

Move along please, there's nothing to see here.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There's 240 cm of snow in Serre Chevalier where I'll be this time next week.

:yahoo:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just been round the Brighton Web Cams. Most of them are poor pictures because of sun Flare. :shrug:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Flakes now falling in RH16

Lush

Mods' Pet
We now have an update from the met office that gives more details of tomorrows expectations of severe weather:-

London & South East England:
60% Gtr London
60% Hampshire
60% Kent
60% Medway
60% Surrey

Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow

0001 Mon 2 - 2359 Mon 2

There is a Moderate Risk of an Extreme weather event affecting parts of southeast England, including parts of London during Monday. There is the potential for bands of heavy snow to bring accumulations of up to 15cms to some areas, accompanied by strong easterly winds, bringing drifting to higher ground.

Issued at: 1131 Sun 1 Feb

No mention of this threat affecting East Sussex, Brighton & Hove or West Sussex.

Move along please, there's nothing to see here.

If southeast England isn't East Sussex, Brighton & Hove or West Sussex where is it?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
no snow today for us. had about 20 inches this week and drift up to 5ft in places but nothing too bad to stop me from having to go to work :(

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Only tiny flecklets of the white stuff here in BN7. Just spoken to my dad in Kent where it's snowing heavily - he confidently predicts it's heading our way.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Patience is a virtue, fellow Burgess Hill dwellers.

It's snowing now, and I'm confident that the drifts will be up to my kitchen window by 4pm.

Cue BBC South Today going into panic mode prior to their evening bulletin, which will inevitably feature a shivering reporter standing under an umbrella on a Basingstoke roundabout with a few flakes wafting around in the air, relaying how the South has been "paralysed by the extreme weather". This will be followed by an overweight Hampshire-based lorry driver offering the opinion from high up in his cab that the council should have anticipated it (they did) and gritted the roads (they did) in order to prevent such mayhem (it did).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Small flakes of snow in Worthing BN11, very small!!

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Have just done a very quick emergency woodchop in the garden. Fire now flickering in the grate. Bloody cold out, although pond had mysteriously de-iced itself.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yes I can confirm that the first pathetic flakes have arrived a mile from Withdean.
Pitch inspection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here