Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL Sussex v Aussies thread (with songs)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You may be VERY disappointed. Last time I went, all that was on offer was Greene King sewage. :sick:

That is a blow. I'm sure the beer outlet between the South-West stand and the pavilion used to sell Harveys (ie accessible to us plebs), but could be mistaken there.

Team a little different to even what I expected as well in the bowling dept, couple more changes with Agar bowling injured. But like HKFC, I thought their struggling batsmen needed time in the middle.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Harvey's in the Pavilion, GK elsewhere.

Last Friday, there was Old Golden Hen in the main bar and on the top bar that, Old Speckles Hen and another 2/3 ones one of which was a decent IPA

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Green King to the right,
Old Hen to the left,
Sussex CC,
Your real ale is $¥€%#

Hopefully we will be able to find some Harvey's somewhere....

Jimmy Grimble

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just seen that the 'Turner' in the Aussie line up, is off-spinner Ashton Turner from Chichester Priory. He's 20 and has never played a first class game. Clutching. At. Straws.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see also Notts batsman James Taylor has been parachuted into the Sussex team by England, for them to have a look at as possible cover for Pietersen.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
five nil.....

your gonna lose five nil.....

five nil.....

repeat until bored.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nice piece in Telegraph today by Scyld Berry about the last time Australia lost seven Ashes tests in a row in the 1880s (a 5-0 this summer would match that).

The 19th century team was characterised by dressing room factions, weak leadership, poor batting, and man management issues...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How does one pronounce 'SCYLD', Tooting?

I am reliably informed 'Shild'. Think I'm his favourite freelance sub-editor at the moment, saved him from a real howler going in the paper doing a shift there the other day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am reliably informed 'Shild'. Think I'm his favourite freelance sub-editor at the moment, saved him from a real howler going in the paper doing a shift there the other day.

Thanks. What a wonderfully UNUSUAL name.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If we lose because James Taylor gets a pair, I won't be happy.

Looking at the weather forecast I'm quite glad I've got tickets for the Friday and Sunday :thumbsup:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just seen that the 'Turner' in the Aussie line up, is off-spinner Ashton Turner from Chichester Priory. He's 20 and has never played a first class game. Clutching. At. Straws.

He is one of four turners the Aussies are including in their 11. Maybe the one that gets the fewest runs from his wicketless spinning attempts will be in the team for Old Trafford.

I predict Lyon and Smith getting the test places and Agar being dropped. Three Aussie losing failure tests ago he got 9 wickets and was dropped for Trent Bridge.

Incidentally, do we cheer Agar as a one off 98 run debut hero or slag him off for being a convict b*$!*£&?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Going on Saturday for me bros' b'day! Can't wait, sun, ale, plenty of Aussi piss taking and hopefully a Sussex win; what a touch that would be!

Hate to be a killjoy but forecast for Saturday is rubbish, if you can swap tickets to Sunday then your wishes may come true!

PG

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Australia: Cowan (capt), Hughes, Khawaja, Smith, Wade, Faulkner, Agar, Turner, Starc, Lyon, Bird.

Sussex: (from) Anyon, Hamilton-Brown, Hatchett, Jackson (wkt), Jordan, Liddle, Machan, Miller, Nash (capt), Panesar, Taylor, Wells, Yardy

I reckon the Aussies are desperate to bat twice, lets hope we win the toss, put ourselves in and frustrate them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23436544

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here