Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Given that the rows are about 3 tomes further apart than at the witdean, 6 inches would be very shallow, but you're probably talking rubbish.

I asked a direct question - how steep is the banking between rows and was told by Hebberd that it would be the same as in the South Stand but better than the North Stand. In the SS the rows are (I think) about 6 inches above/below the next one. OK, so it could be 8 inches but I haven't taken a ruler to measure.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
The first thing that anyone is told in the event of a fire is NOT to use the lifts. The power goes, you get stuck in the lift.

Oh no, Please. We're not in the dark ages now. Back up generators and believe it or not that lifts can work when the power goes.

No doubt you’re googling it right now.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Surely the club want there to be a bit of panic to try and get people buying season tickets, rather than just one off tickets every now and then for fear they'll be stuck in the family stand or something.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
I went this evening.

Very well organised by the club. After the presentation, we went into another room with around ten advisors to help you select your seat, answer any questions and take the payment.

You can see the view of the pitch from each block of the ground, and this facility will be on the Stadium website when it goes live soon

They said there are around 160 seats left in the 1901 club and that the West Stand was the best selling stand of the day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I asked a direct question - how steep is the banking between rows and was told by Hebberd that it would be the same as in the South Stand but better than the North Stand. In the SS the rows are (I think) about 6 inches above/below the next one. OK, so it could be 8 inches but I haven't taken a ruler to measure.

You`ve been kidding someone for years about those six inches haven` you Jim.:lolol:

Peanuts happy tonight I hear.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is there parking at the Stadium for people attending presentations? If not, what is the best way to get there? Mine is on 21st at 1000.

You can't park at the stadium. You can park in the spaces around Falmer pond (maximum two hour stay but our presentation wasn't anywhere near that long so it should be easily do-able), in the farm on the far side of the pond (there's a steward showing you where to go) or outside the Swan, who are now welcoming fans. Particularly those who have a cheeky drink there while visiting. Or you can get the bus easily enough, just use one of the University ones.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, Helter, I can only go on what Martin Perry said, which was stuff to do with building regulations, but I am no expert, as is probably obvious.

Couple of other things I've remembered: the club offices and shop (MEGAstore??) will be in the North Stand, and all the seats will be lovely and padded, as per previous. A padded seat AND a roof all in one stadium: my hair and buttocks have never been so excited. The club also mentioned that the bus services (5B I think is one??) which currently run to the Universities will have an extra stop added on to the route by the time the Amex opens, to the stadium car park. And there was some guy walking around with leaflets about privately operated bus and coach services (for a charge) running to and from games from just about every town and village in Sussex. Looked like they were trying to work out numbers and then operate services based on them, but could be handy for those who don't want the hassle of parking and can't do trains.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think there are one or two on here who might have laughed more heartily had it been the club's Health & Safety Officer who had been made to say it :)

In our presentation it was Hebberd who said that, although standing anywhere in the ground was forbidden, it would be less forbidden in the back 4 rows of the North Stand. Isn't he the safety officer? He specifically directed anyone wanting to stand to these rows. He also said that any bad language or inappropriate behaviour in the East stand would not be tolerated at all.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thanks for being 'our Agent in the field' today edna. Great pic's & crackin' reportage. :clap:

Like many other good Albion folk, I can't believe we're at this stage either. It's gonna be foobing marvelous!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Doesn't it vary- I believe the term used was a parabolic curve- according to how high up you are?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In our presentation it was Hebberd who said that, although standing anywhere in the ground was forbidden, it would be less forbidden in the back 4 rows of the North Stand. Isn't he the safety officer? He specifically directed anyone wanting to stand to these rows. He also said that any bad language or inappropriate behaviour in the East stand would not be tolerated at all.

So is he the guy with the glasses? He didn't have any input in the 1530 presentation, just Martin Perry and the Australian guy.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Doesn't it vary- I believe the term used was a parabolic curve- according to how high up you are?

Im attending a presentation where they use the phrase "parabolic curve" oh my oh my, i just cannot wait!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So is he the guy with the glasses? He didn't have any input in the 1530 presentation, just Martin Perry and the Australian guy.

He introduced himself and had a light brown jacket on - can't recall if he had glasses (guess I wouldn't be a very good witness). I only saw MP after we had been on the stadium viewing, so I guess they changed for each session.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Late 50's early 60's, Brown hair, glasses, seems to smile a lot 'London' accent. Sound familiar?

It does indeed, I guess I have met Mr Hebberd then.

Should have asked him what the Amex safety policy will be for persons on fire :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that what we used to call a "hoof" at Withdean?

Yep, it's a Georges Santos type hoof that starts out fairly shallow but curves more steeply as it heads upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here