Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The presentations to ordinary fans- with season tickets- as opposed to the VIPs started today, and I am now the enormously proud owner of a West Stand Upper season ticket for the American Express Community Stadium: HOORAH!!

:clap2: :amex::falmer::ascarf:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I did take some sneaky photos of the presentation, principally the slides which show the computer model of the views from various areas of the stadium. They're only crappy iPhone ones, but will try and post shortly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know we've all seen a thousand photos by now, but seeing the computer model of the seat views, and hearing Martin Perry enthuse about it all: I am just so excited now.

Made me laugh when he was talking about the stewarding policies for the different areas. The East Stand Family area will be absolutely zero tolerance, so no standy or sweary types in there at all. The North Stand, he suggested, was an area where Albion have traditionally housed their more "enthusiastic" support...

He emphasised that of course standing is not permitted in football grounds, apart from during moments of excitement, but added that the North Stand stewarding policy would take into account that those seated in there are potentially those who tend to get excited a little more "easily", and "more frequently"
:clap2:

You had to be there I suppose, but he was trying not to laugh as he said it :thumbsup:

The presentations to ordinary fans- with season tickets- as opposed to the VIPs started today, and I am now the enormously proud owner of a West Stand Upper season ticket for the American Express Community Stadium: HOORAH!!

:clap2: :amex::falmer::ascarf:

Any chance I could have it for the first game at falmer, if you aren't using it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any chance I could have it for the first game at falmer, if you aren't using it?

Do you know what? I thought I'd go. But you'll be first on the list if I change my mind :thumbsup:

Presentation itself is probably only ten or fifteen minutes max, then they show you the computer model views from each area. Some Australian guy gives it the big sales spiel about the Private Seat Licence, and then you funnel off into the booking suite to choose your seat.

You can go out on to the viewing platform (although as many of the presentations will be in the evening it'll be a bit dark I guess) and have a look/pose in your hi vis jacket and protective helmet. You definitely won't exceed the 2 hour parking limit in Falmer village, well not unless you're booking for eight other people.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Damn it-

:needpics:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you know what? I thought I'd go. But you'll be first on the list if I change my mind :thumbsup:

Presentation itself is probably only ten or fifteen minutes max, then they show you the computer model views from each area. Some Australian guy gives it the big sales spiel about the Private Seat Licence, and then you funnel off into the booking suite to choose your seat.

You can go out on to the viewing platform (although as many of the presentations will be in the evening it'll be a bit dark I guess) and have a look/pose in your hi vis jacket and protective helmet. You definitely won't exceed the 2 hour parking limit in Falmer village, well not unless you're booking for eight other people.

What was the dress code Edna ? I'm not sure what I should wear.

I was thinking smart-casual with some dark pleated trousers and an untucked shirt, shoes, and a small trilby set at a jaunty angle. But then I thought perhaps a more businesslike approach would be more appropriate for such an important task, with a shirt and tie, maybe with the sleeves rolled up to give off that "come on, lets get this sorted then" vibe. Or maybe just simply some jeans and a retro Albion shirt or polo shirt from the club shop ? I also have some tatty denim dungarees I could wear shirtless, like a Dexys Midnight Runner.

I just don't KNOW.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
mmm. Mine is not until the 31st and I'm getting worried the best Upper West seats will all be gone(!)

PG

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What was the dress code Edna ? I'm not sure what I should wear.

I was thinking smart-casual with some dark pleated trousers and an untucked shirt, shoes, and a small trilby set at a jaunty angle. But then I thought perhaps a more businesslike approach would be more appropriate for such an important task, with a shirt and tie, maybe with the sleeves rolled up to give off that "come on, lets get this sorted then" vibe. Or maybe just simply some jeans and a retro Albion shirt or polo shirt from the club shop ? I also have some tatty denim dungarees I could wear shirtless, like a Dexys Midnight Runner.

I just don't KNOW.

Essentially, Easy I think you have 2 choices.

1. "The Miami Vice" - pastel linen suit, no socks, loafers. Sleeves rolled up and Raybans worn on top of your head.

or

2. "The Martin Perry" - heavy cords, brogues, waxed jacket.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Were you convinced about PSL by the big Aussie bloke? [not starting a binfest - just asking]

Nah! He did seem like a pretty good salesman, and I'm sure he'll convince a few people, if only with his enthusiasm (how impressed was I in his absolute conviction that we will sell out this stadium, week after week?) but personally I can't see the benefit justifies the additional cost. Might work for some people though, so each to their own.

Pics, you say?

Well they're not David Bailey quality, only an iPhone 3GS, but they give you some idea of what the presentation is like. It's a 3D computer model so they can take you all around in different directions from different blocks and levels, as well as a few bits from inside the place.

View from the West Stand Upper
165291_484344296637_558516637_6414257_3642652_n.jpg

From the East stand lower
165291_484344301637_558516637_6414258_5191022_n.jpg

From the North Stand
165291_484344306637_558516637_6414259_4157320_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here