Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I was always a North Stander at the Goldstone, and have plumped for the back row of the North again at Falmer. Chuffed to bits and mildly annoyed that I'd got myself in a panic over seat availability. There are THOUSANDS still up for grabs and they'll all have a bloody amazing view :clap2:

Presentation (12.30pm on Friday) was great, though it was a shame that Ken Brown was in the dark about a few issues - mentioning that Martin Perry was the expert, but he's not here, sorry. Thought it a little strange. They're trying hard to flog the Private Seat Licences in the presentation, but the guys and girls in the ticket office are absolutely brilliant. We had Ben, lovely bloke, very very helpful, hats off to the club. And yeah, that girl you've been talking about was pretty hot :)

The view from the viewing platform isn't half as good as the one you get from near the entrance to the university.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many have had their presentations?

Must be something like 5 (days) * 4 (presentations per day) * 40 (people per presentation) = 800 people.

If 2000 seats have gone, then that would make c2.5 season tickets per person on average or, looking at it another way, people are buying at a rate of +1.5, not the maximum +3.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Must be something like 5 (days) * 4 (presentations per day) * 40 (people per presentation) = 800 people.

If 2000 seats have gone, then that would make c2.5 season tickets per person on average or, looking at it another way, people are buying at a rate of +1.5, not the maximum +3.

There were only three presentations on Friday - sorry as you were doing so well with your calculations!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

Cheers. Based on those statistics, around 12,500 will be sold before they go on general sale (leaving 3,000).

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my fellow st holder hasnt booked a day,can i take his priv card,and book his seats at the same time as i do mine,as i have used all mine up,and he wants to sit by me???

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
my fellow st holder hasnt booked a day,can i take his priv card,and book his seats at the same time as i do mine,as i have used all mine up,and he wants to sit by me???

If he is the same priority as you (presumably you are Priority 1 if you have a presentation soon), then I guess you should be OK doing that.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Put my parking/length of presentation comments below on another thread, but thought might be useful for people on here, being main presentation thread:

We parked where the club told us to!! As you approach Village Way, do not turn into it, instead head into Falmer Village. At the back of the duck pond, next to the church will be a steward in a yellow coat. She will direct you into Court Farm, where there is plenty of free parking, and only a 2 min walk from presentation.

Length of presentation/booking process depends how many of you and how quickly you get in the queue after the formal presentation. Spend a while looking at the viewing platform and you will be at back of queue. Alternatively if you are confident of where you want to sit, do viewing platform after buying tickets and be at front of queue. As we were told when booking seats, everyone else in the room is potentially after the seats you have your eye on as well, and as soon as they go red, you cant have em!Or maybe that was just to push us into a decision!!

You should be through in under an hour if at front of queue and only buying a couple. A couple of hours if at back of queue and buying a number.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Can you reserve seats and confirm/pay later?

No unless you went to TB's bar mitzvah!!

You only have to pay the 1/12 deposit now, and then rest from April by the stated means. So should only be c£40 unless you are going for expensive seats (which with your question I would doubt).

With this huge logistical undertaking they are going through, the club rightly needs to know individuals are commited and not going to walk away at a later date having said you want one.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
reserved seats

Sorry what i meant was, can you pay the deposit etc. reserve a seat(s) and then change your mind on locationlatterly (obviously you run the risk of losing out on choice in the intervening period)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sorry what i meant was, can you pay the deposit etc. reserve a seat(s) and then change your mind on locationlatterly (obviously you run the risk of losing out on choice in the intervening period)

Ah understood. Think you might be able to prior to them going on general sale if I understood Paul correctly (well he is Scottish!).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I re-predict, 12k ST holders and 1k general

Thats 15k crowds without the away fans.

Pretty good

If we can only pull in 1,000 casual fans then we are doing something very very wrong.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we can only pull in 1,000 casual fans then we are doing something very very wrong.

I suppose it would depend on how well we're doing and how well the 'sale' of spare STH-held seats goes using the new process. If it's difficult to use then more people will have to buy from the club as there won't be so many up for offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here