[Drinking] The official Rome Aperol Spritz (and possibly Negroni) thread!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just found a menu online
6778BEE0-1827-464E-8111-A9426FAF7F55.jpeg

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
We're off to Rome and Naples next w/e, and have just looked through this thread. Not looking for offal focused, because my partner doesn't eat meat, but wondered if there were any highlight restaurants you'd recommend. Might also prod @Yes Chef on this too. FWIW, we're staying in Trastevere so will probably eat there the most particularly evenings but also fitting a fair bit in so don't be coy about places elsewhere.

Very generous of you @Machiavelli .

I can recommend Trattoria Vecchia Roma, which is on Via Ferruccio near Roma Termini.

Simply excellent, we ate there two nights running it was so good. I had the fried cheese and peppers, then oxtail first night, and then an amatriciana the next (post hammering) evening. They finish the pasta in a massive tableside Grana Padano - decadent, and it cheered us up no end.

Prices were decent, and the staff were especially friendly. I genuinely intend to go back if I'm back in Rome any time soon, which is the best endorsement I can give.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We're off to Rome and Naples next w/e, and have just looked through this thread. Not looking for offal focused, because my partner doesn't eat meat, but wondered if there were any highlight restaurants you'd recommend. Might also prod @Yes Chef on this too. FWIW, we're staying in Trastevere so will probably eat there the most particularly evenings but also fitting a fair bit in so don't be coy about places elsewhere.
If you are staying in Trastevere then L'Elementare is a must. Amazing Pizza I can vouch for the Marinara spectacular

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports