Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The official Rome Aperol Spritz (and possibly Negroni) thread!!

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
And so it begins again...

20240307_114109.jpg

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I just knew the food offerings thread from Rome would be shit in comparison to those from Marseille. Most of those courses would make me gag :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pork neck. Just some glands and brains needed to complete my full circumvention of the nice bits of an animal.

744AEEFC-985F-4748-B215-FBC3AD333815.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
White or blue or red and yellow may the best team win. Plenty of free drinks at the W hotel tonight. They are football obsessed.
What does the W stand for?

Skytear

Feb 23, 2024
If someone is staying in Rome for another day or two, a couple of suggestions:

Try a Campari Spritz rather than an Aperol Spritz (if you ask for it, the barman will know what you are talking about), it's a little bit more bitter and a little bit more "manly", if you know what I mean.

Try an "amaro", which is an herbal liquor. I suggest you to ask for the Jefferson (english name but southern Italy origin); that's a pretty decent end of a meal: we usually say that the sunday meals end with an "caffè e amaro" (you drink your coffee, you drink your liquor, and the meal is done)

If you have the time, try to go eat at "Tanto pe magnà" restaurant (or I should say "trattoria", in this case) in Garbatella. First of all, you will have the chance to visit one of the most fascinating and "authentic" roman areas (Garbatella), and at that restaurant they make what in my opinion is one of the best Amatriciana in Rome. And you got to eat an Amatriciana in Rome.

In Tiberina Island there is the very famous and a little bit expensive (though probably not for your standard) "Sora Lella" restaurant. Is probably the most famous roman cuisine "trattoria" (which is basically a tipical restaurant) in Rome. Try "Pollo coi peperoni" (chicken with peppers), one of the most typical second dishes in roman tradition.
Yes, I'm italian, I'm roman, I'm talking about food. How typical is that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If someone is staying in Rome for another day or two, a couple of suggestions:

Try a Campari Spritz rather than an Aperol Spritz (if you ask for it, the barman will know what you are talking about), it's a little bit more bitter and a little bit more "manly", if you know what I mean.

Try an "amaro", which is an herbal liquor. I suggest you to ask for the Jefferson (english name but southern Italy origin); that's a pretty decent end of a meal: we usually say that the sunday meals end with an "caffè e amaro" (you drink your coffee, you drink your liquor, and the meal is done)

If you have the time, try to go eat at "Tanto pe magnà" restaurant (or I should say "trattoria", in this case) in Garbatella. First of all, you will have the chance to visit one of the most fascinating and "authentic" roman areas (Garbatella), and at that restaurant they make what in my opinion is one of the best Amatriciana in Rome. And you got to eat an Amatriciana in Rome.

In Tiberina Island there is the very famous and a little bit expensive (though probably not for your standard) "Sora Lella" restaurant. Is probably the most famous roman cuisine "trattoria" (which is basically a tipical restaurant) in Rome. Try "Pollo coi peperoni" (chicken with peppers), one of the most typical second dishes in roman tradition.
Yes, I'm italian, I'm roman, I'm talking about food. How typical is that
Nice one. I have plans for today so will put the restaurants in my top pocket for another time.….I am coming back soon. I will definitely try the drinks recommendations though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
today is another day and I have come to the place which was top of my list…Checchino dal 1887

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
04C12309-CCFA-44E0-B830-DA680D47F6A9.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
F84DE499-2BDE-441E-8518-CBD89D073106.jpeg

Antipasto di Zampi
Foot of veal boiled, boned and served warm with carotts, beans, celery and green sauce.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Testina di vitello
Calf's head cheese. It's first, boiled, boned and dressed with the peel of lemon and some other spices, then it's pressed in casserole and at the and served cool, cut into slices with black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
882C7A49-1520-4206-857C-66262E070300.jpeg

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arrosto misto di: animelle, fegato, pajata e granelli Mixed roasted entrails: sweetbreads, liver, small intestine and testicles

E3F2B1C2-4898-4090-913F-2A3E37FFA249.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
@Skytear , Campari spritz. Bitter and butch!
C27BEE9B-2D7F-4969-870E-9124A4FEEC19.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here