Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Portsmouth tw4ts thread 2014/15

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A thread like this would have more gravitas a few years back when pompey were cheating in the premier. They are not our rivals, to any extent there is a southern rivalry it is SOUTHAMPTON who are our nearest rivals to being "cock of the south."

This reminds me of all the lefty comedians after labour got elected and were still slagging the tories of. When in Government noble, but slagging in opposition a little bit creepy. Ditto this thread, Pompey are atm an irrelevant joke. The tragedy is their fall from grace was to fast to really enjoy.

My attitude is ****em, let them moan about us when we are top of the pile.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Towards the end of last season a good friend of mine went to the dockyard derby at Pompey.
Both sets of fans were giving each other the dogs abuse before and during the match which was 3-3 I think.
Anyway at the end the fans were all leaving the ground and Pompey fans faced up to the Argyle away support and they applauded each other and went there seperate ways.
Mate said it was extraordinary and never seen anything like that before.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The truth is you would never get threads that run and run about BHA on their sites. They just don't care about us. All this Pompey hating is in all honesty a bit cringeworthy. I've been to a couple of their home matches and trust me they make a much louder racket than our 27 k church mice. Dress that up however you want.

This thread is no place for the likes of you :)

I couldn't give a toss what Pompey think of us. I've always reserved a deep personal dislike of them for no real rational reason, and clearly I'm not alone in this. No comparison with the Albion is intended whatsoever.

The thread is for this select community of Pompey loathers to share their mutual disrespect of them.

And also to salute The Greatest Fans In The World of course.

Please, let us just get on with it. Thanks :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tricky opening fixture away to Exeter, could define their season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tricky opening fixture away to Exeter, could define their season.

Especially if their team coach gets stuck in a traffic jam due to roadworks on the way to Devon. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words Edna.

Personally I find Palace a bit tricky to dislike intensely - all of their fans that I know or have known have been decent blokes. Anyone who has ever lived in Hampshire (and presumably the western extremes of God's county) will know the same cannot be said of Pompey and their deluded tosspot fans.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
This thread is no place for the likes of you :)

I couldn't give a toss what Pompey think of us. I've always reserved a deep personal dislike of them for no real rational reason, and clearly I'm not alone in this. No comparison with the Albion is intended whatsoever.

The thread is for this select community of Pompey loathers to share their mutual disrespect of them.

And also to salute The Greatest Fans In The World of course.

Please, let us just get on with it. Thanks :thumbsup:

Ok .......... I'm off to the ' lets kill Palestinians thread then '.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The truth is you would never get threads that run and run about BHA on their sites. They just don't care about us. All this Pompey hating is in all honesty a bit cringeworthy. I've been to a couple of their home matches and trust me they make a much louder racket than our 27 k church mice. Dress that up however you want.

**** off and support Portsmouth if you love them so much :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A thread like this would have more gravitas a few years back when pompey were cheating in the premier. They are not our rivals, to any extent there is a southern rivalry it is SOUTHAMPTON who are our nearest rivals to being "cock of the south."

This reminds me of all the lefty comedians after labour got elected and were still slagging the tories of. When in Government noble, but slagging in opposition a little bit creepy. Ditto this thread, Pompey are atm an irrelevant joke. The tragedy is their fall from grace was to fast to really enjoy.

My attitude is ****em, let them moan about us when we are top of the pile.
Can't agree with that, there's always been a bit of a rivalry with Portsmouth, not Southampton.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I think a lot of clubs are starting to dislike us. I know a few Pompey fans - all good people who love their club - who do regret how things got out of control at Fratton but Brighton are not on their radar and it hurts some people on here. It's fans of other Championship clubs who think we are upstarts........and we are. We were standing around with begging bowls just a few years ago after being f***** up the arse by you know who and there are the usual idiots on here who seem to forget this. "Oh but we went on marches and tore the goal nets down"
Fu..ck..ing shut up you're boring.

A lot of our fans are starting to grate with others if you look around other forums, it's the constant attendance bragging that does it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't agree with that, there's always been a bit of a rivalry with Portsmouth, not Southampton.
Yep, I make you closer to the truth than perma-deluded looney.

It was Southampton in the late 70s, Portsmouth in the 80s and early 90s, and then Southampton again to a small degree in the last couple of years. Neither of them care about us beyond fleeting rivalry.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry to bring bad news but Portsmouth will do well this season, wouldn't be surprised if they were Top 6. There are a lot of skint clubs in League 2 with transfer embargoes etc so Pompey may even get back into League 1

Disappointing, but true. If you're a decent fourth division player & have the choice of Pompey or another club in that league, on the same wages, I imagine most would choose Pompey, therefore their signing power is already giving them an advantage. They are, it must be said, the big club of that division.

Still #Twats obviously.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A lot of our fans are starting to grate with others if you look around other forums, it's the constant attendance bragging that does it.

To be fair to them, I suspect that pretendance bragging grates with some of our own fans too.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
6-1 win at Bognor today.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
ifosy @tifosy · 4h

While fans from other clubs complain about millions spent on players, #Pompey fans are proudly fanfunding their own destiny. #pride

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here