Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official ***Palace will blow it thread***

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Oh my Palace really are in free fall could the play offs end up without the company?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palace final 4 fixtures.....
leicester home; Blackburn away; Millwall away; Peterborough home......

That easy run in suddenly looks a lot more challenging doesn't it.... :ohmy: :wave:

0 goals in 5 matches....

Good luck fellas :cheers:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace drop to 7th and out of the playoffs on Saturday night ???

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Where are our Palace friends at the moment? They are normally so keen to join in with our knockabout banter.

Hellooooo...Helloooooo...coooeeee

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sick as it is, it's still possible for them to fluke their way to the premiership. Remember when Derby beat West Brom in the playoff final, they were truly awful. But at least we know one thing's not going to happen:
We've got a decent shot at finishing in the top two

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd actually come round to the idea of meeting them in the play-offs and will feel a tinge of disappointment if they don't make it!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I am thoroughly enjoying their current form but if I was a palace fan I would be friggin livid, they have the divisions top goalscorer and one of the best young wingers outside the premier league but can't sniff a goal or win for toffee!! Wurzel seems clueless and hopelessly lost right at the business end of the season, marvellous stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd actually come round to the idea of meeting them in the play-offs and will feel a tinge of disappointment if they don't make it!!
Sadist

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now reading the BBS :lol: It's brilliant!

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
We wont be in the top 6.

Holloway has ruined a good side.

His tactic is this. 4-2-3-1. If we go a goal behind he chucks our best creative player off and puts on a striker. If that doesn't work, take off a right back and put a shit striker on. If that doesn't work, take off a midfield player and put on a useless Scottish ****.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Holloway has ruined a good side.
That might be true. He does seem to be lacking tactically (thinking of when he managed Blackpool too), but he did get Blackpool up, so should have some ability.

We wont be in the top 6.
The thing is, you should still make the top 6. You probably only need 4 points from 4 games, and as we know, anyone can beat anyone in this division.

If we go a goal behind he chucks our best creative player off and puts on a striker.
Although I think Williams was injured today, that does seem to be his general tactic.

That might be true. He does seem to be lacking tactically (thinking of when he managed Blackpool too), but he did get Blackpool up, so should have some ability.

The thing is, you should still make the top 6. You probably only need 4 points from 4 games, and as we know, anyone can beat anyone in this division.

Although I think Williams was injured today, that does seem to be his general tactic.

Trigg Do you recall my fears whilst we were at Blackpool a few weeks ago? you said I was using reverse psychology, Now you know I wasn't bluffing, we look like a team that's never played together let alone get a point:ffsparr: Seems barring an amazing turn around in form and confidence we're doomed to miss out on play off place! I pray am wrong but cant see us mustering a point :( not expecting much sympathy on here but hey ho, its not over yet tho.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As much as I'm enjoying Palace's current run of 'form', I think they'll make it. They only really need to win one of their last four games(as well as picking up a draw). I can't imagine if that is the case going into the last game against peterborough that they'd lose. Regardless of morale, confidence or Holloway's tactical ability or lack of. Surely the players would find a way of winning, they really won't want to throw away all their hard work over the season.

I'd LOVE to be wrong though and they really do **** it up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trigg Do you recall my fears whilst we were at Blackpool a few weeks ago? you said I was using reverse psychology, Now you know I wasn't bluffing
I do remember, and no, I didn't believe you. Blackpool only had 10 men :shrug:

we look like a team that's never played together let alone get a point:ffsparr: Seems barring an amazing turn around in form and confidence we're doomed to miss out on play off place! I pray am wrong but cant see us mustering a point
You're 2/7 on to get a playoff place with Betfair - if you don't think you will, go and lay it. No matter how badly you've been doing, any team in this division can get points, so you can still make it.

Taking yesterday in isolation, the first goal happens once every few seasons, no more. The second goal about the same. And the third about once a season. And they were the only shots Ipswich had (actually, that's according to the BBC, so probably incorrect). Although I expect you to turn it around, it is still quite a surprise (and huge delight) to see how badly you're doing.

not expecting much sympathy on here but hey ho, its not over yet tho.
Well no, and no. We've had some really gobby Palace fans on here this year - my favourite was Blue, who pretended to be a Brighton fan (said he had a CMS top :lol:) and started thread saying how he was upset Palace were so brilliant and were going to win the league. Unfortunately, the most annoying Palace fans are mostly in hiding during times like these, so the reasonable Palace fans are going to get the backlash from Brighton fans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The ace in palace's deck ( and for us ) is that Forest play Leicester on the last day.

Also a win at Millwall in their game in hand should see them in the top 6 I think, and they are by no means unable to get points in their other games.

Defeat v Leicester on Saturday though could make things a lot trickier for them.

I reckon on balance they will qualify for the playoffs.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Trying our best to cock it up , very Lucy no one else seems to want it
Leicester Saturday will sort the men out from the boys
Never dull at the palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here