The Official ***Palace will blow it thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
So do I.....The trouble with a lot of posters on here is that they allow this plastic rivalry between the two clubs to cloud their perspective....IMHO....
1) Brighton are underachieving, Palace are overachieving.
2) Would Brighton be higher with Freedman/Holloway in charge...More than likely.
3) Would Palace be where they are with Poyet in charge....doubtful.....they would probably be where BHA are.
4) Palace have far more firepower than BHA. Given a choice between CMS, Ulloa, Buckley and Lua Lua v Murray, Phillips/Dobbie, Zaha and Bolassie...its a no brainer.
5) Brighton waste chances and are not clinical. Palace finish teams off when they are on top.
6) Brighton have a more cautious manager, hence more draws. Holloway will always go for it.
7) Brighton's style may be easier on the eye but Palace are more direct and effective.
If Palace go up this season, the massive income they will get, combined with the Zaha money, will ensure successful yo-yoing between Premiership and Championship. Brighton will not have that financial clout.
Brighton are building very strong foundations and could make the Prem in the next 2-3 seasons but then so could a number of clubs as the Championship gets stronger each season.
Any BHA fan who still thinks we can finish above Palace are deluding themselves. We have an outside shot at 6th place...the top five are gone and assured of play-offs. It is just a case of which one of four teams gets the second automatic slot. No club below 5th in the table are capable of winning the play-offs. The third promoted side will come from Hull, Watford, Palace and Leicester. They are all currently better than Brighton.
So thats it...I have successfully put Palace on a pedestal and shot down my own club...I know I must be mad...but the truth hurts sometimes......hang on...I need to have a go at Palace about something.....ah yes.......
YOUR REAL AND NATURAL RIVALS ARE MILLWALL ( ON YOUR FRIGGING DOORSTEP AND ANOTHER SOUTH LONDON CLUB ) NOT A SOUTH COAST CLUB 45 MILES AWAY!!!!!....AND YOU ARE THE GLAZIERS, NOT THE BLEEDING EAGLES, ALWAYS WERE, ALWAYS SHOULD BE!!!

Good post mate, but of course we are the Glaziers like you are the Dolphins. I think we went from an ok nickname to a pretty good nickname. As for which is worse between Dolphins and Seagulls...

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Oh look, it's another Brighton fan rolling in hyporcrisy. Another Brighton fan that fails to acknowledge that they are in massive debt themselves. Another Brighton fan who doesn't know the details of our administration but brings it up to make himself feel better about his own teams failings.

oh they know all the facts about our administrations mate, dont worry about that. However, why let the facts stand in the way of a good fantasy?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any CPFC fan comments in November would have been willy-waving, you know you shouldn't be so sensitive Gold, it's just the way a lot of football fans behave, you'd be doing the same after a run like ours! In response to your last comment, most Palace fans are quietly confident still but we will wait and see...

I debt? How the hell would you know that. Infact, I'd be 99% certain we are in no debt atall. We don't go spending beyond our means like you did. Tony iswell aware what he's spendnig. Just because we are currently running at a loss does NOT mean we are in debt. Ludicrous post.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Good post mate, but of course we are the Glaziers like you are the Dolphins. I think we went from an ok nickname to a pretty good nickname. As for which is worse between Dolphins and Seagulls...

The loss of historic nicknames means the loss of ' old ' newspaper headlines. e.g
1) " Glaziers shattered. " ( Regularly used in the past )
2) " Fans see through Glaziers plans for expansion "
3) " Dolphins leap up table "
4) " Dolphins perform in front of record crowd "
and when Reading changed to the Royals......" Biscuitmen crumble " was lost for ever.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
So do I.....The trouble with a lot of posters on here is that they allow this plastic rivalry between the two clubs to cloud their perspective....IMHO....
1) Brighton are underachieving, Palace are overachieving.
2) Would Brighton be higher with Freedman/Holloway in charge...More than likely.
3) Would Palace be where they are with Poyet in charge....doubtful.....they would probably be where BHA are.
4) Palace have far more firepower than BHA. Given a choice between CMS, Ulloa, Buckley and Lua Lua v Murray, Phillips/Dobbie, Zaha and Bolassie...its a no brainer.
5) Brighton waste chances and are not clinical. Palace finish teams off when they are on top.
6) Brighton have a more cautious manager, hence more draws. Holloway will always go for it.
7) Brighton's style may be easier on the eye but Palace are more direct and effective.
If Palace go up this season, the massive income they will get, combined with the Zaha money, will ensure successful yo-yoing between Premiership and Championship. Brighton will not have that financial clout.
Brighton are building very strong foundations and could make the Prem in the next 2-3 seasons but then so could a number of clubs as the Championship gets stronger each season.
Any BHA fan who still thinks we can finish above Palace are deluding themselves. We have an outside shot at 6th place...the top five are gone and assured of play-offs. It is just a case of which one of four teams gets the second automatic slot. No club below 5th in the table are capable of winning the play-offs. The third promoted side will come from Hull, Watford, Palace and Leicester. They are all currently better than Brighton.
So thats it...I have successfully put Palace on a pedestal and shot down my own club...I know I must be mad...but the truth hurts sometimes......hang on...I need to have a go at Palace about something.....ah yes.......
YOUR REAL AND NATURAL RIVALS ARE MILLWALL ( ON YOUR FRIGGING DOORSTEP AND ANOTHER SOUTH LONDON CLUB ) NOT A SOUTH COAST CLUB 45 MILES AWAY!!!!!....AND YOU ARE THE GLAZIERS, NOT THE BLEEDING EAGLES, ALWAYS WERE, ALWAYS SHOULD BE!!!

Regarding point 1. Play English based players and you get passion, not just skill. Your foriegn players will never understand that. Over achieving? Haha, we have a good side. Take those rose tinted glasses off.
Regarding point 2. DF built from the back, IH from the front. With DF, you'd be where you are. You'd be marginally better with IH.
Regarding point 3. Our flair players are more prductive.
Regarding point 6. Cautious, non, inexperienced yes.
Regarding point 7. FL show didn't show how for 75 mins of the game we outpassed Boro'. Being easy on the eye gets you mid table, unless you are Chelsea.

We are and will be a yoyo club, but we aren't delusional regarding our team so don't have aspirations of CL et al.
To be critical from an outsider, Poyet has built a team of individuals that look like they are lacking team moral.
Regarding Poyet himelf, you'd do better to get a lower league/Championship manager who understands lower league football. He thinks too big, pays mediocre players too much money and imo is using BHA just as a stepping stone for his Spurs job.

Our real rivals depend on who you ask, us aswell as your fans. Charlton for me. When it come to nicknames, i took this quote of an old website, when you played at the Withdean. You've been formerly known as; 'The Albion, Shrimps, Lugworms, Limpets, Flounders, Promenaders and now Seagulls'.

Shoot me down 'Lugworms' hehe

The current set up is Crystal Palace III - they formed in 2010 and have no history prior to that. Previous history was another Club.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
oh they know all the facts about our administrations mate, dont worry about that. However, why let the facts stand in the way of a good fantasy?

We could all pay 1p in the pound and screw whoever over but BHA have never done this and never will !! where as your lot have previous and will undoubtably go down that road again

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
We could all pay 1p in the pound and screw whoever over but BHA have never done this and never will !! where as your lot have previous and will undoubtably go down that road again

Your club have never shafted anyone of any money? We're not ging to go through this again are we?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah he will wave his magic wand and build the academy, training ground from pebbles off Brighton beach as well as buying players for 2 million again (Ulloa)(CMS) .
Easy
The new £29M academy is basically already paid for , there isn't any mortgage repayments to make :thumbsup: Under FFP rules , any money spent on infrastructure, training facilities or youth development will not be included

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah he will wave his magic wand and build the academy, training ground from pebbles off Brighton beach as well as buying players for 2 million again (Ulloa)(CMS) .
Easy

No magic wand, but everything is going in the right direction :drink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think some tinpot crowd from up the road are somewhat jealous of our new ground and training facility which is now under construction which has been paid for by our chairman out of his own money ..... can't see theirs doing that he would rather slag his own supporters off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports