The Official ***Palace will blow it thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
But all you could attracted in the January window was Dobbie. Who's the problem, the precious owners, the manager or the name.

Prices are always hicked up in January, our board (sensibley) refused to over-pay on certain players. It will be easier in the summer to sign players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's fair enough, you have come along way. But you have to also expect Palace fans to come on here and give it some back after all the negative threads that are started about us by posters like Major and SoG and Working Class Pride.

I've never started a thread on BBS and only have around 50 posts , all those have been in reply to ****ish remarks.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Me a wanker, seriously look in the mirror. You keep on about the same things over and over again. You do not discuss football, you only care about attendances! We could beat you 4-0 in March and you would still bleat on about you have higher attendances, you have more fans etc etc.
Attendances do not get you promoted, they may help with finances but they will not get you promoted alone.

Quote: "Attendances do not get you promoted, they may help with finances but they will not get you promoted alone".
Fair enough.
It is all about planning for the future though. Eighteen months ago, the Amex held about 20,000 supporters, was a lot of money spent on players....nope the money was put into expanding the ground, up to 27,000..... was more money put into players.....nope the money was mainly used to increase the capacity to very soon 30,000 +. Another 30m could have been used towards players..... nope spent on new training facilities, which should be open in 2014.
Is the youth system getting better...... yep, new coaches brought in. Last week the U15's played Charlton academy with 4 U14's playing.... they drew. Four of the U15's moved up to play for the U16's......and won.
The youth teams have been beating some of the Prems top academies..... this should get better when the new training facilities are finished.
Likewise this applies to the First team and Development squads, who now train at the Unis.
This process, the lovely stadium, training ground etc..... is for the future.....then money can be spent on players.
Meanwhile Palace might make the Prem, should fill there outdated stadium (capacity 26,000) .........but could be all fur and no knickers scenario.
Things are falling into place nicely at BHA..... just enjoying the view. :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's fair enough, you have come along way. But you have to also expect Palace fans to come on here and give it some back after all the negative threads that are started about us by posters like Major and SoG and Working Class Pride.

I suppose so. I try to avoid the away end of the BBS, personnally find it too depressing, and not my thing.

Hahaha, you really are pathetic aren't you? I bet even most Albion fans are sick of your one trick act. Let's be honest, you're absolutely shitting it about us getting promoted cause a) you're gonna look a right knob on here after all your Palace bashing and b) you're one trick pony act won't be able to continue as we will be selling out Selhurst week in week (yes, the plastics will be out in force!)

You're right about one thing, Wilf will off and it's gonna hurt. But he leaves us with £15 million in the bank and we can build on that. In regard to smaller crowds next year, wrong. Season ticket sales are well up from last year.

Should you be promoted - which you arrogantly seem to think is a given - then I will predict that we will average more than you in the Championship than you in the Prem. Your highest crowd this season (obtained on a discounted basis) is 3k below our lowest league crowd this season even though we haven't completed stadium work.

On your 4 previous visits to the Prem you averaged the following -

all below our current average. Although on each occasion you were witnessing a relegation season :D

I see no reason why the attendance baiting will stop - However, should you fail to go up then it will go through the roof next season.

I see it's Bristol City at home Tuesday - 12k again?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Quote: "Attendances do not get you promoted, they may help with finances but they will not get you promoted alone".
Fair enough.
It is all about planning for the future though. Eighteen months ago, the Amex held about 20,000 supporters, was a lot of money spent on players....nope the money was put into expanding the ground, up to 27,000..... was more money put into players.....nope the money was mainly used to increase the capacity to very soon 30,000 +. Another 30m could have been used towards players..... nope spent on new training facilities, which should be open in 2014.
Is the youth system getting better...... yep, new coaches brought in. Last week the U15's played Charlton academy with 4 U14's playing.... they drew. Four of the U15's moved up to play for the U16's......and won.
The youth teams have been beating some of the Prems top academies..... this should get better when the new training facilities are finished.
Likewise this applies to the First team and Development squads, who now train at the Unis.
This process, the lovely stadium, training ground etc..... is for the future.....then money can be spent on players.
Meanwhile Palace might make the Prem, should fill there outdated stadium (capacity 26,000) .........but could be all fur and no knickers scenario.
Things are falling into place nicely at BHA..... just enjoying the view. :)

I agree, but attendances are not the be all and end all. Lets face it if you get promoted your attendance goes up, if you get a new stadium your attendance goes up. Many factors can make your attendance go up. YES I agree our ground is outdated and a bit run down but on the other hand our academy has and keeps producing good players, only the most blinkered of people could not do that.
My post that you quoted was more in response to TheMajor. Lets face it, Palace could get promoted this year, next year we could do the double in the Premier League(far fetched I know but bear with me) and TheMajor would still quote our attendances :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I see it's Bristol City at home Tuesday - 12k again?

Probably about 16500. Distinctly average.

Luckily we're far better on the pitch than you are so I really couldn't give a shit.

What is it now... 9 points? Mind the gap :)

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
My name is the Major and we have 25 zillion, trillion ,billion, million more supporters than Palace so we are above them although we have less points, na, na na....

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

Luckily we're far better on the pitch than you are so I really couldn't give a shit.

Predictably you haven't responded on the other thread so I'll ask again...bozza has confirmed you are Seaside...are you going to be paying what you owe to REMF? Or just continue to act billy big bollocks from behind a keyboard whilst mugging off a charity?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

16,500 ? :lol: Another Groupon fixture ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
this is the exciting stage of the season.....anything can happen and probably will,has a team ever missed out on promotion with a 30 goal striker before?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
27,000 cottagers (and rising) down here against your pathetic 12,000 wankers. You do the math.

No, no, no you Cheeky Monkey, 16,500 Palace Saturday and that will be rising even higher with the run-in about to start and top 2 in our sights. Bloody fantastic time to be an eagle! And it's not 27,000 for you is it? I believe it was 24,000 home fans in the Amex last Tuesday?? Looks like a few plastics are getting bored already! :p

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
No, no, no you Cheeky Monkey, 16,500 Palace Saturday and that will be rising even higher with the run-in about to start and top 2 in our sights. Bloody fantastic time to be an eagle! And it's not 27,000 for you is it? I believe it was 24,000 home fans in the Amex last Tuesday?? Looks like a few plastics are getting bored already! :p

17,000 for the run in at Selhurst?:lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Tuesday gates average 23,000 to 24,000

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In addition to attendances,we can soon have this thread to boast about too,it will stay on page 1 all summer long-i have a good feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports