Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' Olympic thread - sub section - Cycling

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I wonder how many more times during the games, the commentators are going to say "England .... er, I mean Great Britain!" .. Sort it out chaps, it's embarrassing!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I wonder how many more times during the games, the commentators are going to say "England .... er, I mean Great Britain!" .. Sort it out chaps, it's embarrassing!

Better than when Boardman called them Team Sky.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
bbc are ballsing up the coverage. or LOCOG have ballsed up some. need information!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why aren't the commentators being given any information ???

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
GBR have ballsed this up

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
what i dont understand is why arent they going all out for it to catch up with the leaders? do they not know how big the gap is?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't you just love it when a plan comes togeth...ooops?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They don't even know who got bronze. Appalling coverage.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Team TB need to try harder in the next stage.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Commentator just said'it slipped away at the end'.i should think it slipped away at the start.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Uran, you idiot! You don't win gold when you stop pedalling, look the wrong way, drift across the road and let your opponent get the jump on you. That was amateur hour from the Colombian.

The coverage was absolute rubbish by the BBC, you know you are doing something badly when Eurosport's coverage makes you like shit.

Finally on the GB cyclists, it was just a step too far for a team that contained two riders who rode at the front of the entire Tour. The rest of the world ganged up on us and rightly so, we cannot be allowed to win every single major race that we target.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
GBR have ballsed this up

what i dont understand is why arent they going all out for it to catch up with the leaders? do they not know how big the gap is?

I feel we did everything we could, five riders is not enough to control a race of this calibre. Especially when the vast majority of the peleton want anything but a British win.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Well I hope the German passengers are satisfied with their tally of ZERO medals. And keys hope the Beeb don't get any cycling coverage contracts in the future.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
... On the plus side lets hope Cancellara has damaged something

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well I hope the German passengers are satisfied with their tally of ZERO medals. And keys hope the Beeb don't get any cycling coverage contracts in the future.

Very much this, but as I said in both my previous posts on this race, the rest of the peleton just would not stand for British riders winning yet another race. Although, if Uran had not been so stupid we could have claimed a Gold by association through Team Sky, as despite what Porter and Boardman were saying I think Uran would have beaten Vino all things being equal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here