Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Please for the love of all things holy can we fire Matt Nagy asap. He is literally a bald fraud Sami Hyypia in NFL form.

Pros:

Justin Fields is showing flashes of being a seriously good QB, and has got better as the years gone on
Darnell Mooney is a talented WR
Monty/Herbert at RB is excellent depth and both really strong runners
Our rookie linemen look promising
Desais first year as Defensive Coordinator has been a rough one, lots of growing pains, but some majorly strong performances out there, Robert Quinns resurgent year has been unbelievable

Cons:

Nagy is a terrible HC, we need to clear house
Outside of Mooney, our WR corps are basically empty with ARob leaving this year
Still lots of work needed on the Oline, especially at center
We'll be losing Akiem Hicks this year, my fave Bears player, we need to work on replacing him in the middle so Quinn and Mack can do their thing next year
No first round draft pick is a bummer

Jul 7, 2003
Sad to see the passing of John Madden at the age of 85.

No point in an RIP thread as most people won't know who he is but those on this thread will know all about his legacy.

Edit - just seen [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION]'s post but it is a long way down the page which sort of proves my point.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Browns going out with a whimper in Big Bens last game at Three Rivers summed up this season. Nothing to play for except pride, & they couldn't even muster any of that.
A truly forgettable year for Cleveland (even though I predicted 8 or 9 wins max when the schedules came out) & last nights result showed how wrong things have gone on the offensive side of the ball....and with the play calling.
Stefanski going away from the run completely (when the Steelers D was one of the worst against RB's) & putting it on Mayfields dodgy shoulders was the icing on the cake...god help us against Cincy this weekend if their starters play.

I may be wrong, but could Mayfields time in Cleveland be over by next week?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Browns going out with a whimper in Big Bens last game at Three Rivers summed up this season. Nothing to play for except pride, & they couldn't even muster any of that.
A truly forgettable year for Cleveland (even though I predicted 8 or 9 wins max when the schedules came out) & last nights result showed how wrong things have gone on the offensive side of the ball....and with the play calling.
Stefanski going away from the run completely (when the Steelers D was one of the worst against RB's) & putting it on Mayfields dodgy shoulders was the icing on the cake...god help us against Cincy this weekend if their starters play.

If there was a decent list of alternatives you might be right, but with an underwhelming draft class at QB and not many names on the free agent market and multiple QB needy teams you might be stuck with him for another season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Rodgers?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had wondered that tbh...

FWIW though I think he will be back in GB next season - although who knows what'll happen in this crazy league over the off season!?
I was only joking - Cleveland!

He may well be back, but it won't be until after he's fluttered his eyelids at every other job in America.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I've mentioned this before. I've never been anti-Mayfield, but I've never been his biggest fan either - especially this season. The shortage of obvious replacements could save him though - and I am probably more worried about the play-calling.

So a win over a half-interested Cincy. A moral-boosting end to the season, or papering over the cracks?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Interesting scenario for the upcoming Raiders Chargers game in the final week of the regular season.

If the Colts have lost to the Jaguars in an earlier game, then both LA and LV can qualify through a tie.

So they could just kneel out each set of downs and gently punt to each other for the whole game, and still both go into the playoffs...

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I've mentioned this before. I've never been anti-Mayfield, but I've never been his biggest fan either - especially this season. The shortage of obvious replacements could save him though - and I am probably more worried about the play-calling.

So a win over a half-interested Cincy. A moral-boosting end to the season, or papering over the cracks?

Mayfield s out surgery on his non throwing labrum / shoulder

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FISM_IzWQAItQHv.jpeg

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Interesting scenario for the upcoming Raiders Chargers game in the final week of the regular season.

If the Colts have lost to the Jaguars in an earlier game, then both LA and LV can qualify through a tie.

So they could just kneel out each set of downs and gently punt to each other for the whole game, and still both go into the playoffs...

How far fetched and unbelievable is that ? ........

The Jaguars winning a game :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here