[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fully expected the Raiders to win last night with our injury / covid list - but still gutting to lose it on a FG as time expired.
That one kick though really shows the fine margins in this game - if we had won we would be top of the AFC North and #4 seed for the playoffs....now we are bottom of the AFC North and #12 seed. Crazy.

Gutting. I recorded it and got up early this morning to watch. Brilliant 2nd half comeback and then to lose like that ....

Given our last two games I think that's it now.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Gutting. I recorded it and got up early this morning to watch. Brilliant 2nd half comeback and then to lose like that ....

Given our last two games I think that's it now.

I think we can win our last two against Shittsburgh and the Bungles tbh...but it'll be Christmas day at Lambeau that will see us fall short. I will enjoy the game regardless as the Packers are my #2, so Im onto a win/win.
Will be full from a day of good food & seeing family - so I can kick back on the sofa with a beer and relax while they battle it out. What a way to spend Christmas evening :O:unclesam::cheery:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I’m looking forward to the off season, again.

You're not the only one, DFP.

Choosing between your Jags and my Texans this season is a bit like deciding whether it's better to be shot or hung.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we can win our last two against Shittsburgh and the Bungles tbh...but it'll be Christmas day at Lambeau that will see us fall short. I will enjoy the game regardless as the Packers are my #2, so Im onto a win/win.
Will be full from a day of good food & seeing family - so I can kick back on the sofa with a beer and relax while they battle it out. What a way to spend Christmas evening :O:unclesam::cheery:

Seems unlikely

#Pride
#Fall

:lolol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Seems unlikely

#Pride
#Fall

:lolol:

Come on Stat, even you have to admit the Packers D is their achilles heel, and has been for a while.
Get Mayfield, Hunt, Landry, and Hooper back for this weekend alongside DPJ, Njoku & Chubb, and the Browns have good enough players to make a game of it...on both sides of the ball.

I still think the Pack will win - but they barely beat a UDFA back-up QB with only 2 starts under his belt, a group of backup RBs, & a poor WR corps from Baltimore this week - & also gave up huge plays to the TE who caught & ran with the ball at will....so lets wait and see before you start crowing eh?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, meant to say three games. Would be nice to beat the Steelers, but I think it depends a lot on injuries and covid. And yes it would be nice (albeit extremely unlikely) to beat the Pack, if only to get one over on a highly-respected NSC member who also posts on this thread,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on Stat, even you have to admit the Packers D is their achilles heel, and has been for a while.
Get Mayfield, Hunt, Landry, and Hooper back for this weekend alongside DPJ, Njoku & Chubb, and the Browns have good enough players to make a game of it...on both sides of the ball.

I still think the Pack will win - but they barely beat a UDFA back-up QB with only 2 starts under his belt, a group of backup RBs, & a poor WR corps from Baltimore this week - & also gave up huge plays to the TE who caught & ran with the ball at will....so lets wait and see before you start crowing eh?

The Defense is fine, all they have to do is stop the opposition scoring more points than Rodgers can put on the board in three quarters.

Special Teams on the other hand is a clusterf**k of incompetence.

I'm going:-

0 - 3 Browns
0-1 Brentford.

Happy f**king Christmas you *#?$'s. :lolol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
All set for the Team against the crying Eagles tonight. An unlikely win tonight would be so sweet regardless of how the season turns out. Given that the Eagles are coming off a bye week and facing a banged up team that is mediocre at best and then complaining about a short travel week to face the footballing colossus that is the New York Football Giants, you can just spare me the bellyaching. Try playing the Steelers and 49ers away on a short week and win them both, without complaint, then come at me. Also we have a short travel week to Dallass who are (I am loathe to to admit) a far superior opponent. Pathetic Philly, pathetic

#cryeaglescry #HTTFT

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You're not the only one, DFP.

Choosing between your Jags and my Texans this season is a bit like deciding whether it's better to be shot or hung.

It’s so depressing, I sit and watch the Jags be an utter crash every week, and I have RedZone running at the same time and there’s all of these close games going on with big scores and drama and I’m not part of it, it’s like peering through a window seeing a really good party but you can’t go in.

Jul 7, 2003
It’s so depressing, I sit and watch the Jags be an utter crash every week, and I have RedZone running at the same time and there’s all of these close games going on with big scores and drama and I’m not part of it, it’s like peering through a window seeing a really good party but you can’t go in.

Meyer would have sent the team home and joined the party himself!

Will be interesting to see who your next Head Coach. Byron Leftwich would seem to be a good shout. Good local reputation, seems to be doing a decent job at Tampa as OC. Do you have any favourites?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Meyer would have sent the team home and joined the party himself!

Will be interesting to see who your next Head Coach. Byron Leftwich would seem to be a good shout. Good local reputation, seems to be doing a decent job at Tampa as OC. Do you have any favourites?

I don’t have a preference, mainly because I don’t want to pin my hopes on someone like Kellen Moore just to end up with another Gus Bradley. Byron has been touted by many outlets but I’m wondering if it’s more to do with his Jacksonville connections rather than his coaching. It should still present as a decent landing spot for a coach, boat loads of cap space, lots of draft picks and most likely #1 so you can get Thibadeux or Hutchinson and a QB that’s probably salvageable after a horrific rookie season where everything was stacked against him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t have a preference, mainly because I don’t want to pin my hopes on someone like Kellen Moore just to end up with another Gus Bradley. Byron has been touted by many outlets but I’m wondering if it’s more to do with his Jacksonville connections rather than his coaching. It should still present as a decent landing spot for a coach, boat loads of cap space, lots of draft picks and most likely #1 so you can get Thibadeux or Hutchinson and a QB that’s probably salvageable after a horrific rookie season where everything was stacked against him.

You must be closing in on having an entire squad of #1 picks.
(Being an arse lead me to wondering 'how many have the Packers had?'

2 - with a 50% record of Hall of Fame inductees.
The last one being 1959.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Bay_Packers_first-round_draft_picks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is 'fun'.

Amazingly the Jags have only had 1
The Bills and Lions have had 4.
2 for the Carebears.

Browns 5

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never change Cleveland, never change.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now reliant on the Brown's Brownsingit up.

Whodda thunk it.

Jul 7, 2003
Just watched Colts at Cardinals. Very impressive from Indy when you consider how many players they were missing from the start and the players lost during the game.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
It’s a full-on meltdown by my Cardinals. Looking like I won’t have to spend any extra money on home game playoff tickets this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports