Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a dramatic finish there between Cowboys and 49ers, and what a bonehead play to end it. An hour of solid drama, superb stuff.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Totally but Prescott clearly makes no effort or is not aware of looking out for the official, In fact (rightly so) the official runs directly to the ball, (I assume) thinking the offensive line will part to let him through.

Prescott should have slid down once he made a far chunk of ground and then looked for an official to set the ball so he could spike it. Also 49's were defending the sidelines, it looked perhaps a better option to have had a shot at the middle in the end zone where possibly with more one on one match ups. I would love to have had Aikman commentating and hear his view on it all. Still its all easy in hindsight, but Cowboys blew that game especially with so many penalties.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Watching the Cowboys lose in such a ludicrous fashion was just absolutely HILARIOUS. I'm also enjoying the utter lack of class in defeat also. Bozos the lot them and the Eagles got stuffed too. Fantastic evening of playoff football.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm still learning the rules.

For the cowboys, what plays would have stopped the clock. Am I right that just out of bounds or an incomplete pass/spiking would stop the clock?

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

For the cowboys, what plays would have stopped the clock. Am I right that just out of bounds or an incomplete pass/spiking would stop the clock?

Yes you are correct. However the official needs to spot the ball not the player, which is where Dallas screwed up, Dak kept the ball and impeded the official, the dolt :lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

The officials can also stop the clock if their is an injury or if they are not ready, but that late in the game they often take away one of your time outs or if you have not got one they run 10 seconds off the clock.

Or an incomplete pass

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just switched on Rams Cardinals to watch Kyler Murray throw two INTs in quick succession, including a panicked pick six from inside his end zone.

Total meltdown from Arizona, how to stuff up an entire season in five minutes.

Rams 21-0 up and in total control now.

Shame of all the wildcard games, only the Cowboys vs SF has been a contest.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
28-0, Rams taking the piss now - tossing a short pass to Odell Beckham Jr who then throws it 40 yards to another WR. He now has more passing yards than Kyler Murray, who’s so far managed 28 yards all game.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Oh, Arizona...a 7-0 start to the season, battle in to the playoffs, before folding completely last night. Better luck next year.

Has the Kyler Murray bubble burst already?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Rams dominated Arizona from start to finish last night. Hopefully Murray can bounce back next season.

As for my Steelers I wasn't expecting much from them, but wow they offered NOTHING. Interesting to see where we go from here in regard to a QB, can we tempt Russ away from Seattle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here