[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Who’s our resident Browns fan? That was a cracking TD they just scored!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a game....:O

20201005_080544.jpg

Hoping Chubb and Hunt arent too banged up, but just enjoying the moment this morning! :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas boys continue to slide.......

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Who’s our resident Browns fan? That was a cracking TD they just scored!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have a case to be considered the resident Browns fan.

Have been rooting for the team since the Butch Davis Era (2002). Lived in Canada until recently, so basically managed to watch %90+ of the games in the past 17 years (although it's becoming difficult to catch the games in the UK with the time difference). Basically main reason I got part-time jobs as a teenager was so I can afford to get NFL Sunday Ticket and watch every Browns game.

This is the first time I've been confident in the team. We aren't perfect, but at least I'm not embarrassed almost every god damn Sunday. Although I have been so emotionally beaten down by this organisation, that I'm reluctant to be hopeful. At least not until half way through the season.

If anybody is interested in what it means to cheer for the worst preforming Franchise (not a hyperbole, we statistically are) in all of major North American sports, here is a window to the hell we live in:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I might have a case to be considered the resident Browns fan.

Have been rooting for the team since the Butch Davis Era (2002). Lived in Canada until recently, so basically managed to watch %90+ of the games in the past 17 years (although it's becoming difficult to catch the games in the UK with the time difference). Basically main reason I got part-time jobs as a teenager was so I can afford to get NFL Sunday Ticket and watch every Browns game.

This is the first time I've been confident in the team. We aren't perfect, but at least I'm not embarrassed almost every god damn Sunday. Although I have been so emotionally beaten down by this organisation, that I'm reluctant to be hopeful. At least not until half way through the season.

If anybody is interested in what it means to cheer for the worst preforming Franchise (not a hyperbole, we statistically are) in all of major North American sports, here is a window to the hell we live in:

Oh, to be less than 2 decades in to Browns fandom :wink:
I've been suffering since 1985 / '86...oh so close back then, but from "The Fumble" onwards its just been pure torture. Why do we do it?! :facepalm:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Vikings fan here, delighted we got a win... finally. Jefferson looks like a fantastic draft so I'm delighted plus we gave it more to Cook this week. 1-3 isn't a great start though...

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Oh, to be less than 2 decades in to Browns fandom :wink:
I've been suffering since 1985 / '86...oh so close back then, but from "The Fumble" onwards its just been pure torture. Why do we do it?! :facepalm:

Because hopefully one day we find the promise land, and the joy we'll experience will be the greatest joy any NFL fanbase has ever experienced.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So tempted to crash early tonight in order to get up at 01:30 to watch the Packers!

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Texans have sacked Bill O'Brien after a dreadful start to the season.

Worrying for Houstan as they have the highest wage bill in the league, and their 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2021 draft belong to Miami.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So I've been up for 90 minutes.

40 secs left of the first half, 20-3 and Atlanta appear to no longer have any players left on defense.

The only way this can become a competitive game is if I go back to bed now safe in the knowledge 'nothing can go wrong now'.

They just put up the 'most TD's scored in one venue'.
2 Packers in the top 5.

I've had it so easy as a cheesehead. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They just put up the 'most TD's scored in one venue'.
2 Packers in the top 5.

I've had it so easy as a cheesehead. :lol:

Now I've scrolled back and seen we have not one but two Browns fans, the above comment looks even more crass. :lolol:
Has Cleveland scored 450+ TD's, in all stadiums since Farve scored his first. Double :lolol:

The highlights would suggest it was a good call to bin off the game at H/T.
All pretty regulation stuff and still no turnovers, going into the bye week.

Which is nice.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Now I've scrolled back and seen we have not one but two Browns fans, the above comment looks even more crass. :lolol:
Has Cleveland scored 450+ TD's, in all stadiums since Farve scored his first. Double :lolol:

The highlights would suggest it was a good call to bin off the game at H/T.
All pretty regulation stuff and still no turnovers, going into the bye week.

Which is nice.

Not sure about Browns TD's, but pretty sure we've used more than 450 QB's since Favre started in place of Majik Man :D

As the Pack are my 2nd team, Im MORE than happy with the way this season has started. Especially since the missus is a Vikes fan :lolol::cheery:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure about Browns TD's, but pretty sure we've used more than 450 QB's since Favre started in place of Majik Man :D

As the Pack are my 2nd team, Im MORE than happy with the way this season has started. Especially since the missus is a Vikes fan :lolol::cheery:

Second team :rolleyes: :lol:

In Matt Flynn GB had 1 quarterback who played 1 game and still threw more TB's than at least 300 of those Browns chaps. :smile:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Second team :rolleyes: :lol:

:shrug:

Refused to support the Ravens when the Browns left town in '95, so chose the Packers as my new team because of Favre, Sharpe, White etc, plus I have friends who live just down the road from Lambeau.
Didn't know at the time the Browns would rise from the ashes of Municipal Stadium 4 years later...and I couldn't not support them when they came back, so it meant I had / still have divided loyalties to this day.

Im comfortable with it, even if others arent - so blame Art Modell, not me....:whistle::wink:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just managed to catch an hour's highlights of Thursday Night Football on Sky, having also managed to avoid the score. Must say winning with a field goal was nice, even if we should have run the clock down first.

4-1.

How 'bout them Bears [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just managed to catch an hour's highlights of Thursday Night Football on Sky, having also managed to avoid the score. Must say winning with a field goal was nice, even if we should have run the clock down first.

4-1.

How 'bout them Bears [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] ?

All I'm hearing is 'are the carebears the worst 4-1 team ever'.
Along with 'definitely gonna finish bottom of the north'.

Been quite a day. Niners getting spanked by the Dolphins, Texans finally getting off the mark post BOB (long overdue firing). Panthers defying all pre-season expectations to have a winning record after 5 games, even without CMC. Alex Smith making the sporting comeback of the 21st Century for Washington. A breakout game for who could be the next big time Steelers WR on Chase Claypool. And what looks like a season ending injury to Dak, which is gutting given how he's been playing so far this year; if anyone deserved to have a career year and earn a massive contract off of it, it was him.

Pretty sure something else happened...oh yeah, RAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEERRRRSSSSS!!!!

What a result! Nice to see our Defence actually putting pressure on an opposing QB, and if it was anyone bar Mahomes or one of the other young mobile QBs, we could have had another 5 sacks on top of the 3 we got. Also Ruggs showed how much we missed him the last two games, because he opens up the field so much more for Carr to go deep which, despite what critics say, he can do when he has the weapons around him.

My prediction before the season was that we'd go into the bye week 2-3 with wins over the Panthers and Patriots. To go in 3-2 having seen off the former and the Saints and Chiefs is incredible! Still think we might come up short for the AFC West title and will snag a wildcard berth, but if Ruggs, DC, Waller and Jacobs can stay healthy, our offence will go toe-to-toe with the best of them throughout the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A miracle, Vegas Raiders beat the Chiefs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports