Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Still learning in my second season of watching as a fan. Was up at one this morning to watch a fantastic Ravens win against the Patriots.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Got to say I'm now actually angry with the Browns. When we were shit (or rather really really shit) it was quite funny that we lost each week. We didn't expect anything else. This season though was going to be different. Mayfield, Chubb, OJB, we had the talent, we'd ended the last season strongly, now at last we might actually win more games than we lose.

What a ****ing shitshow. Losing against the equally-shit Broncos featuring a QB who is nearly 30 and was starting his first NFL game! How did it all go SO wrong?

Still, at least we'll be in our usual place at the top (or thereabouts) of the Draft next year. That'll sort the squad out!

And it's no good just sacking Kitchens.

They did get the appointment of the coach badly wrong imo.

But you are right - that's not the only problem. The offensive line still needs a lot of work.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"It's the hope that kills you."

Oh ain't it just. But HOW have we screwed it up this year? Front office? Head coach? Other coaches? Overall recruitment? All of them areas that we've supposedly addressed. I suppose a lot of the bucks must stop with Kitchens. If it's 3rd and 1 I'd at least want Chubb on the field, even if it's just to sow a bit of doubt in the defense's mind. If only it could all be blamed on poor play calling (and poor challenges), but there seems to be too many problems in the camp.

Another wasted season.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They did get the appointment of the coach badly wrong imo.

But you are right - that's not the only problem. The offensive line still needs a lot of work.

Ha! I remember in my naivety thinking that the O line was going to be our only real weakness this year! I must be a complete moron.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not sure how much longer Adam Gase has got in charge of the Jets after getting beaten 26-18 by the Dolphins and going 1-7. Sam Darnold has gone backwards with Gase in control and looks more like a rookie. It surprises me a bit when you compare the EPL with the NFL how much more ruthless the EPL is in sacking managers, the NFL seems to hang on to under performing managers for longer than it should.

Not got much hope for the Giants tonight against the Cowboys - almost as big a lost cause as the Jets

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay, Raiders start the weekend off with another win

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Got to say I'm now actually angry with the Browns. When we were shit (or rather really really shit) it was quite funny that we lost each week. We didn't expect anything else. This season though was going to be different. Mayfield, Chubb, OJB, we had the talent, we'd ended the last season strongly, now at last we might actually win more games than we lose.

What a ****ing shitshow. Losing against the equally-shit Broncos featuring a QB who is nearly 30 and was starting his first NFL game! How did it all go SO wrong?

Still, at least we'll be in our usual place at the top (or thereabouts) of the Draft next year. That'll sort the squad out!

And it's no good just sacking Kitchens.

Feeling any better this morning @brovian?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That was the best round of NFL since the season started :D :D :D :D Titans v Chiefs was great, so glad Titans won it right at the end, Jets beat the Giants and the Cowboys lost to the Vikings. And no Skins match to get all maudlin over :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Feeling any better this morning @brovian?!

Much better thank you for asking! :lolol:

Wasn't perfect of course, but it snaps that four-game losing streak. Also made up for the disappointment of the result from Old Trafford earlier.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Much better thank you for asking! :lolol:

Wasn't perfect of course, but it snaps that four-game losing streak. Also made up for the disappointment of the result from Old Trafford earlier.

Could we possibly have our best backfield duo since Byner & Mack both topped 1000yds each in the mid 80s? Certainly should take some of the pressure off Bakers shoulders now there is a dual threat ready & waiting behind him.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Could we possibly have our best backfield duo since Byner & Mack both topped 1000yds each in the mid 80s? Certainly should take some of the pressure off Bakers shoulders now there is a dual threat ready & waiting behind him.

Fig, Fig Fig, this is the Browns we're talking about! Five fumbles apiece and a total rushing offence of minus ten yards is what I'm predicting for next week. Plus of course the usual set of interceptions and dropped passes - assuming Mayfield gets enough protection to even get a pass off.

#wontgetfooledagain

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Go Seattle! What a game. What a result. Jadeveon Clooney absolutely immense. And we still win with Tyler Lockett out injured! That was a great battle to watch, either team could have won that several times over. Winning FG, as time expires, on our THIRD turn at possession in OT. Fan bloody tastic.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Fig, Fig Fig, this is the Browns we're talking about! Five fumbles apiece and a total rushing offence of minus ten yards is what I'm predicting for next week. Plus of course the usual set of interceptions and dropped passes - assuming Mayfield gets enough protection to even get a pass off.

#wontgetfooledagain

I know exactly how you feel....the doubts are constantly there!
Will be a tough game against the Steelers on Thursday night with two very strong defenses on show. Hopefully our backfield will be the difference, & we will just about outlast them and sneak another W!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My DC podcast tells me for the Jets v 'Skins you can get a seat for $9.

But if you have expensive tastes lower tier 50 yard line will set you back $50.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
My DC podcast tells me for the Jets v 'Skins you can get a seat for $9.

But if you have expensive tastes lower tier 50 yard line will set you back $50.

Some friends at work picked up tickets for 10 bucks on StubHub - although these days most of us New Yorkers would not admit to supporting either the Jets or the Giants as both teams stink

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Go Seattle! What a game. What a result. Jadeveon Clooney absolutely immense. And we still win with Tyler Lockett out injured! That was a great battle to watch, either team could have won that several times over. Winning FG, as time expires, on our THIRD turn at possession in OT. Fan bloody tastic.

That game was just insane!! Most ridiculous game since the NFCCG against the Packers...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Disgusted with Garretts actions this morning, and expect him to be out a long time. Even if there was provocation theres no excuse for what he did. Dont think I've ever seen three players from the same team ejected in the same game either...we have to get our discipline sorted out.

Just listening to Kitchens post game PC & he is quite rightly furious with what happened, but points out that its a shame it overshadowed a great effort & win by the entire squad. Not often we beat Baltimore & Pittsburgh in the same season. Also, kudos to Nick Chubb, the first player in the league this season to go over 1000yds. :rave::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here