Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Patriots cheating....AGAIN. Makes the sport a farce really.

4F767552-52E0-437F-B5A0-030B0B7F61D1.jpeg

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Being a Redskins fan has been like living in purgatory for the last 30 years....
How can the greatest American football team of all time have been so bad?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Morning everybody! And how are we all on this fine, fine morning? Me? Top of the world thanks for asking! Pushed there by 40 beautiful Browns points and an amazing win.

Grand thanks, a comfortable win for the Seahawks. I even went to bed at halftime (1am ish for me), as it was looking so nailed on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being a Redskins fan has been like living in purgatory for the last 30 years....
How can the greatest American football team of all time have been so bad?

Loving the talk of a 'rebuild', giving the impression there's been something to build on, over the last 30 years.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Grand thanks, a comfortable win for the Seahawks. I even went to bed at halftime (1am ish for me), as it was looking so nailed on.

Our defense (Cards) is just so bad. They seem to fail to track the EVERY time and fall for play-action after play-action! It's depressing to watch.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ALWAYS good to get a win against the Ratbirds......:cheers:

Indeed. Probably more so than against anybody else for obvious reasons. Although even now a part of me looks at the Ravens and thinks 'That should have been us'. Curse you Art Modell! That was our Superbowl!

Morning everybody! And how are we all on this fine, fine morning? Me? Top of the world thanks for asking! Pushed there by 40 beautiful Browns points and an amazing win.

Pretty good taking into account how everything developed throughout Redzone for me yesterday!

- Raiders getting a well fought win and going 2-2 heading into the Bears game at Spurs next Sunday, which I'm buzzing for.

- Fantasy team going 4-0

Some fascinating results this weekend given the home teams went 3-11. Pats - Bills reminded me a lot of the Week 16 game they had last year where neither offence was great, but the Pats ground out a win. Agree that as Burfict got (rightly) ejected for the hit on Doyle, then Jon Jones should have also been thrown out for the similar hit on Allen. As Bills' Micah Hyde said after the game, had it been one of their players hitting Brady like that, they'd have been gone. One rule for the Pats, another for the rest of the league...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm going to use an unusual phrase: encouraged by the Lions. Look like a proper team this season.

Could easily have come out with a win against the Chiefs. Ended up on the wrong end of a bizarre 3rd quarter, with 5 fumbles (one recovered for a 100 yard TD!), and then Mahomes scrambled for 15 yards on 4th down at the end of the 4th quarter.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
well, once Dwayne Haskins is ready (week 14) I'm sure the Skins will really get started :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
well, once Dwayne Haskins is ready (week 14) I'm sure the Skins will really get started :(
With the Wizards surely tanking and the Skins driving around in a clown car, I really need the Nat'nals to get dry humped by the Brewers.
At that point The Tony Kornheiser show will be fantastically toxic!!

and that makes me so happy.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Surprises coming thick and fast this season - none more so than the Bucs laying a 50 burger on the Rams last night.
Im finding it near on impossible to predict the results this season for my "Pigskin Pick 'Em" on ESPN...which is probably why Im languishing in the basement of my league after 4 weeks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

As you were playing the Cardinals, you could, in all honesty, have gone to bed before the game even started. :down:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just got back from the Giants Redskins game at Metlife Stadium. Must be doing somthing right as they trounced the Redskins 24-3. Great atmosphere - forgotten how good watching a live game is. Daniel Jones showed that last weeks game in Tampa was not a fluke, and how much better he is than Manning - he's the 2nd rookie QB to start 2-0. He was also the clear winner in the Dwane Haskins match up. Can't believe the Redskins were so bad. It's been a while since I've felt this good as a Giants fan and it can only get better once Saquon Berkley gets back.

Great turnaround to the season. Cowboys losing too makes the weekend's NFL even sweeter!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just got back from the Giants Redskins game at Metlife Stadium. Must be doing somthing right as they trounced the Redskins 24-3. Great atmosphere - forgotten how good watching a live game is. Daniel Jones showed that last weeks game in Tampa was not a fluke, and how much better he is than Manning - he's the 2nd rookie QB to start 2-0. He was also the clear winner in the Dwane Haskins match up. Can't believe the Redskins were so bad. It's been a while since I've felt this good as a Giants fan and it can only get better once Saquon Berkley gets back.
Woooow slow down there.

Beating the Skins is on a par with winning at Watford.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well my fantasy year is abysmal, but the Bears are starting to find something of a rhythm. Unfortunate to lose Mitch but hopefully Chase can fill the spot for now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
With the Wizards surely tanking and the Skins driving around in a clown car, I really need the Nat'nals to get dry humped by the Brewers.
At that point The Tony Kornheiser show will be fantastically toxic!!

and that makes me so happy.
Have to admit, aside from your mentions I don't really know who Tony Kornheiser is, is it a podcast? Only really listen to Chris Cooley and 26 Minutes with Clinton Portis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here