Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Forget Gresham, we miss Eifert more at TE imo .

And Burfect at LB

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How many more times are we going to allow that little check down dump off pass ffs!!!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nope , no idea why the NFL think it will work,

Wembley games attracts a lot of Americans from Cities of the teams playing, as well as German fans who supported NFL Europe very well . Fans also come from Scotland, Ireland and up North as its a one off day out or maybe they may go to a couple of the games.

I can't see how they will sustain 2 pre season games and 8 regular season games at Home. England still have to play at Wembley and the pitch would get chewed

Oct 25, 2003
Nope , no idea why the NFL think it will work,

Wembley games attracts a lot of Americans from Cities of the teams playing, as well as German fans who supported NFL Europe very well . Fans also come from Scotland, Ireland and up North as its a one off day out or maybe they may go to a couple of the games.

I can't see how they will sustain 2 pre season games and 8 regular season games at Home. England still have to play at Wembley and the pitch would get chewed

also i really cant see there being a sustained interest in a team that would very much be branded as a london/england side that wouldn't contain a single englishman. i just think that the excitement would wear off quickly

the current wembley games are a very successful novelty, i'm not sure they could sustain regularly large crowds. perhaps they should tour the country using slightly smaller stadiums (the amex? :D) and play occasionally at Wembley

what i would like to see is heavy investment in the domestic games over here starting at youth level. i understand that its reletively big at uni's so thats a start. i'd like to see reasonably supported teams (maybe 8 teams) in proper grounds playing a reasonable standard...get sky on board and bobs your uncle

heck, if soccer can take off in the states then anything can happen. i admit that this is a LONG way off but i just see it having more longevity than a london based nfl franchise

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Would people on here support a London based team as well as their USA one?

No Falcons all the way! Although only been following for 5 odd years I Already feel iv gone through a lot with them ,been to see them a couple of times,And rarley miss on the internet. I would however go see the odd game esp if it was against one of the NFC south teams and helped us.

Bengals v colts game on! Looking forward to lions v cowboys next!

Who are people here backing to win the Super Bowl?

Am backing lions but think itl be pats.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
also i really cant see there being a sustained interest in a team that would very much be branded as a london/england side that wouldn't contain a single englishman. i just think that the excitement would wear off quickly

the current wembley games are a very successful novelty, i'm not sure they could sustain regularly large crowds. perhaps they should tour the country using slightly smaller stadiums (the amex? :D) and play occasionally at Wembley

what i would like to see is heavy investment in the domestic games over here starting at youth level. i understand that its reletively big at uni's so thats a start. i'd like to see reasonably supported teams (maybe 8 teams) in proper grounds playing a reasonable standard...get sky on board and bobs your uncle

heck, if soccer can take off in the states then anything can happen. i admit that this is a LONG way off but i just see it having more longevity than a london based nfl franchise

Some good points, however a travelling NFL team is a non starter. The NFL always look for 'new markets' and its the London market that they have their radar firmly set on, it has kudos across the pond for sponsors and investors.

They looked at Toronto with the Bills but that has proved to be a non starter. Berlin would fill their Olympic stadium with ease if the NFL went there but that market holds no value for the NFL.

Dont rule out the Olympic Stadium in Stratford if a franchise comes here.

Grass roots game would be good but again, I dont think the NFL are particularly interested in that, they're only interested in the top end of the Pro game and how to make the NFL bigger and more money.

Our Uni teams are getting quite popular, that seams to be where its at over here at the moment.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Do teams have different style of play philosophies, like we can in soccer? Genuine question, and i suspect yes but not close enough to know how.

And any suggestion on a team to follow? Need to be attacking, East half, no orange :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I am only just getting into it sp havent yet adopted a tram yet so i am not representative

Just keep watching it for the next couple of seasons as a neutral, at team will stick out for you after a while. It may be you like their Offence, or their defence, or a particular player...............or you just might like the helmet. :D

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Some good points, however a travelling NFL team is a non starter. The NFL always look for 'new markets' and its the London market that they have their radar firmly set on, it has kudos across the pond for sponsors and investors.

They looked at Toronto with the Bills but that has proved to be a non starter. Berlin would fill their Olympic stadium with ease if the NFL went there but that market holds no value for the NFL.

Dont rule out the Olympic Stadium in Stratford if a franchise comes here.

Grass roots game would be good but again, I dont think the NFL are particularly interested in that, they're only interested in the top end of the Pro game and how to make the NFL bigger and more money.

Our Uni teams are getting quite popular, that seams to be where its at over here at the moment.

Why would the Berlin market hold no value to the NFL?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do teams have different style of play philosophies, like we can in soccer? Genuine question, and i suspect yes but not close enough to know how.

And any suggestion on a team to follow? Need to be attacking, East half, no orange :)
Packers it is then.

They have ALL the history of the NFL, support the Packers and the rest of the NFL kind of falls into place.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Yes they do, though the NFL is a copy cat league so the look of the Pro game looks a bit more uniformed.

Some teams like to run what is known as The West Coast Offence. This a pass first style offence, quick short passes as well. This has two effects on the opposition defenses.

Quick passing stops the Blitz and it nullifies its effectiveness, it also means the D will put in a Nickel back, this is usually a Safety to replace a Linebacker as they are quicker and can chase receivers better. This though opens up the run game as the LB core and Secondery back off into coverage.

Other Offences will go run heavy, to draw the LB's and Secondary upto the Line of scrimmage to block. this opens up the big down hill pass, or the ''play action' play. this is when the QB fakes the nad off to the Back, cuasing the Secondary to stop for a second (as the think they will have to come up to help stop the runner) this free's the WR for the big bomb over the top.

What I've explained is a very basic guide on certain types of offence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another Cheesehead here, I love them, and having been to games and experienced it, there is no other team that will ever come close.
Not to mention, as someone said earlier, they play in one of the very best divisions, which is steeped in NFL history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here