Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Absolutely. I love the run-up to the draft, reading reports on players, analysing combine stats, reading mock drafts, even doing my own. Then, free agency opens, Schnyder makes a move for Matt Flynn and suddenly EVERYTHING changes.

Draft night is one of my favourite of the whole year, any sport. The Friday is booked off work already!

It would be if ESPN stopped announcing/showing every bloody pick before it happens. Half the fun is when some team announces some left field decision, hence why the NBA's is marginally better.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It would be if ESPN stopped announcing/showing every bloody pick before it happens. Half the fun is when some team announces some left field decision, hence why the NBA's is marginally better.

I agree with you there, but it's not ESPNs fault, as they are showing the green room live for the reactions, and they come with a phone call rather than the announcement. I think they should ban the phones in there, it's not as if any of those discussions make a difference to the selections. No-one is saying "do you want us to pick you?"

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As a Redskins fan I am in a pre-draft frenzy already. With our desperate need for a QB we are sweating on possible deals with the Rams to trade up for RGIII assuming the Colts do the obvious and pick up Luck. Will the Browns want to spoil our party and beat us to the number two pick, or will they pick up Blackmon to finally give McCoy someone to throw too?

A lot of twists and turns to come before April 26th. I can't wait.

As long as we don't do anything silly and go for Manning, if RGIII is gone then maybe get Blackmon and at least give either Grossman or a lower pick QB a big game WR.

Shanahan was speaking this week about the supporting cast in depth so I wouldn't be surprised if he can't trade to get RGIII he will sit with Grossman and get Blackmon and hope to trade up next year for Barkley ?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Last year they were saying who certain teams would be taking in 5 picks time. Just bollocks really.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Lot's been going on at my BUCs lately but not sure we'll be great this season. Hopefully continue developing our young players and keep hold of them and burst out again season after :)

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Lot's been going on at my BUCs lately but not sure we'll be great this season. Hopefully continue developing our young players and keep hold of them and burst out again season after :)

Watched a lot of the Bucs last year due my brother in law being a fan, had high expectations for a promising young team so it was a shame it ended how it did.

I think Morris Claiborne will be a great pick for you at 5 and if you can add a threat at WR then you'll have a better chance of competing next year, tough division though!

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As long as we don't do anything silly and go for Manning, if RGIII is gone then maybe get Blackmon and at least give either Grossman or a lower pick QB a big game WR.

Shanahan was speaking this week about the supporting cast in depth so I wouldn't be surprised if he can't trade to get RGIII he will sit with Grossman and get Blackmon and hope to trade up next year for Barkley ?

There is no doubt that Blackmon is a class act and possibly the best WR to come out of the draft for a while, so if we do miss out on RGIII there are other good players in all the Skins positions of need in the first round. One other possibility would maybe take Blackmon in rd 1 and see if Weedon is available in rd 2 which would reunite the Oklahoma State pairing. Oh the joys of pre-draft speculation.

Barkley will be a top five pick next year at the very least so that would be an expensive trade too. Looking forward to seeing how my Oregon Ducks cope with a resurgent and angry USC in the Pac-12 next season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
what channel do they show the draft on? Only really watch College Ball in particular the Ducks recently so would be interested to see where LaMichael James and Darron Thomas draft (if Thomas drafts at all)

You'll find most, if not ALL of it is streamed live on NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League, completely free of charge. I'd assume they will do teh same again. It's all a bit too drawn out for it to be a big enough TV event for them to all scrap over the TV rights.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
what channel do they show the draft on? Only really watch College Ball in particular the Ducks recently so would be interested to see where LaMichael James and Darron Thomas draft (if Thomas drafts at all)

I'd like to think La Michael James will be picked by round five, he needs to beef up a bit but his speed and low centre of gravity are just fantastic to watch. I think Darron Thomas was pretty brave going into the draft this year, I would not be surprised to see him undrafted. I know College Ball is slightly off topic in this thread, but I cannot wait to see D'Anthony Thomas take on a bigger role with the Ducks this year, he is ELECTRIC!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I'd like to think La Michael James will be picked by round five, he needs to beef up a bit but his speed and low centre of gravity are just fantastic to watch. I think Darron Thomas was pretty brave going into the draft this year, I would not be surprised to see him undrafted. I know College Ball is slightly off topic in this thread, but I cannot wait to see D'Anthony Thomas take on a bigger role with the Ducks this year, he is ELECTRIC!

must say they dont seem to be any weaker at RB with Kenjon Barner and Black Mamba

Hoping the new starting QB shouldn't be a worry either as from the very limited things I saw from Bryan Bennett he should come good

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
**DRAFT NEWS**

Dolphins and Chiefs win their coin tosses, and so the order from 8th to 12th is confirmed as ..

8. Dolphins
9. Carolina
10. Buffalo (that position was already set)
11. Kansas City
12. Seattle.

I'm always amazed that after all the tie-breakers you can still have a couple of places in the draft order being settled by a coin toss.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
There is no doubt that Blackmon is a class act and possibly the best WR to come out of the draft for a while, so if we do miss out on RGIII there are other good players in all the Skins positions of need in the first round. One other possibility would maybe take Blackmon in rd 1 and see if Weedon is available in rd 2 which would reunite the Oklahoma State pairing. Oh the joys of pre-draft speculation.

Barkley will be a top five pick next year at the very least so that would be an expensive trade too. Looking forward to seeing how my Oregon Ducks cope with a resurgent and angry USC in the Pac-12 next season.

i think i read that Weedon will be 29 during his rookie season.. i'd be annoyed if the skins spent a 2nd round pick on him.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Assumes that there are no other aggressive trade partners out there. If Im in Miami, Seattle, Arizona and maybe some other places, im thinkgin very hard about my options with 2 supposed superstar Qbs available, especially when the drop of is considerable.

The teams holding those top picks will be out to make the best deal.. who would have thought that the Falcons would need to give up so much to grab Julio Jones last year?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Assumes that there are no other aggressive trade partners out there. If Im in Miami, Seattle, Arizona and maybe some other places, im thinkgin very hard about my options with 2 supposed superstar Qbs available, especially when the drop of is considerable.

Personally, I don't think the drop-off is too bad, if you take the Free Agent / Trade route. Orton, Campbell, and Flynn, maybe even Kolb after the way the Cards finished the season without him, would be serviceable alternatives. At least with someone like Campbell, you know you will get some solid productivity immediately, rather than the wait and the gamble on a rookie.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
i think i read that Weedon will be 29 during his rookie season.. i'd be annoyed if the skins spent a 2nd round pick on him.

It all depends on who Shanahan has his heart set on. I personally think the Skins will target their man and do what it takes to get him. If they see the QB coming from next year's class then I expect a move in FA for the likes of kyle orton and possibly pick up a receiver in the first round. As for the drop off from RGIII I think Weedon could start, Tannehill would have to sit for a year.

There are a whole range of scenarios to play out, the first of which is what happens when Indy do or do not renew Peyton Manning's contract. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen, I'm changing my mind about every five minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here